No reply to my queries? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

No reply to my queries?

• 15 December 2023
  • 2 replies

To whom it may concern 

I ordered a Coanda soothing dryer on the 13th November 2023 as soon as I had received an email that the item was back in stock. Order number is: . The order was processed and I received an email to confirm this.

Since I'd received no further correspondence,  I then contacted the digital agent on the Dyson website to query why I hadn't received the item on the 20th November. 

The agent mentioned it was due to there being 'no address' on the order. She said she'll update it. I replied saying this doesn't sound right because an address is an mandatory field to add when you are completing the check out process. She did not reply to this and as it was a digital communication I didn't persist further in explaining or asking for an explanation. What I did realise was this seemed as some form of cover up from their side!

I was also assured the item will be dispatched soon.

By the 24th November, again no item received and no communication from Dyson and so I made contact again. I was on the phone for 45 minutes to one of your agents called Carlos who sorry to say was very unhelpful.  He mentioned the address issue and when I explained how this was possible when it's a mandatory field and that I've checked the order details and my address is accurate and on there, he had no response to this and shifted the conversation and asked me whether I'd like to cancel my order. To which I responded no, as of course that was not the purpose of my call as I'd explained at the start of the conversation, rather it was to ask why the item had not been delivered. The conversation was a futile one as we didn't get anywhere!

On the 28th November,  I had to make another phone call to Dyson which was a total of 51 minutes. I explained the issue to the agent yet once again who was really unhelpful. I asked him to pass the phone to a manager which initially required persuasion and eventually it took an additional 15 mins before a manager came on the phone. 

I cannot remember the managers name, it was a lady. Her response was that I should contact the centre once the item was back in stock. Same recommendation was from the agent who I had just spoken to. I asked how this was possible if the email came through 10pm or 11pm as the call centre would be closed. She finally understood and assured me to leave this with her and she'll sent this dryer as soon as it became available and I would not need to call back now. I also queried why the agent had lied about the address and why the Dyson website allowed me to purchase when in actuality the product was not in stock and why ALL 4 agents I'd spoken to were not transparent. She replied with an apology and no explanation. She mentioned she'd sent a hair brush complementary which I haven't received and really do not think compensates for the time and effort wasted trying to resolve such a simple and trivial matter!

I'm extremely disappointed with your service and once again I called into Dyson today and asked for my order to be cancelled and asked Pervil, the call handler to provide me with details to make a complaint.

1. I would like to know why a simple and trivial query was not resolvable by a company who recognises themselves as 'innovative' and well renowned 

2. Why 3 of the call handlers failed to see that my full address was on the system

3. As a result of point 2, the staff didn't show transparency 

4. How was an order allowed to be processed when it was never in stock.  Surely the makers of such innovative products wouldn't find it a challenge to operate a decent website?? Why was this not picked up?

5. Why staff are not adequately trained and advising me to call and replace the order when they're very well aware this can happen outside of the business hours when the centre is closed 

6. Why the manager assured that the item be sent and it was not honoured?

7. Who compensates for the time lost in dealing with a matter which still remains unresolved 

The call agents all have been unhelpful. The issue was never resolved.

Dyson is a well established company and matters as such should be sorted within a matter of minutes and should be the agents utmost priority. Dyson has failed to demonstrate a decent level of customer service.

I would like someone to look into this matter as soon as possible please.

I've provided my mobile number too. It would be good if someone could listen to all the telephone calls which I've made with this number on multiple occasions.

On the 4th and 6th December I've emailed the following 3 and have had no reply.  

askdyson@dyson.co.uk

ukresolution@dyson.com

business@dyson.co.uk

I then again contacted a digital agent on the Dyson website called Himanshu who was adamant that I'd be contacted in 48 hours. Here we are 14th December. I still haven't received my order. NOBODY from Dyson has contacted me and I've checked my account today and I've had a randon £3 taken from my account when I've not made any further purchases. Its a small amount but that's not the point its the matter of principle.

I am using this platform as my last before I escalate this externally. It's been a nightmare dealing with Dyson unfortunately!

Thank

Hi @Aijaz  . Thank you for raising this with us. We are currently awaiting communication from our manufacturing team to confirm when stock will become available for the Coanda smoothing dryer.

Once stock does become available you will receive communication via email. You can alternatively check our authorized replacement part retails like EsparesPartMaster and PartCentre if you require the part as soon as possible.

If you require further assistance, please reach out to our support team via phone or by chat support.. 

Phone support- 0800-298-0298

Our helpline hours:

• 08:00 – 20:00 Monday to Friday 
  • 08:00 – 18:00 Saturday and Sunday

Jackson, thanks for your reply. You did not provide a response to majority of the query. You're directing me to speak the support team that have not helped or given me the information you've mentioned above. Hence its futile advising this as I've already mentioned the agents all have been unhelpful and upon escalating my complaint no member of management has still reached out!! Its unbelievable that I'm dealing with Dyson here. Im really sorry to say but there's a significant need for the customer service team to be retrained on dealing with patient complaints and queries. The service has been ridiculous and you've also not answered why a random £3 was taken from my account.?? I'll personally not be shopping from Dyson again and will be sharing my experience with the wider family and friends!