Parts help question? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Parts help question?

• 27 December 2023
  • 2 replies

My cordless vacuum stopped charging. I went to buy the part and the Dyson site to choose my model didn’t recognize my serial number. Luckily, I had registered my product. I had to use the sales number to get a person, but the charger hasn’t been in stock. I called and am on the email list. I was told I’d get other options after 2 weeks. It’s now been a month and over the holidays with no working vacuum. Called again today, was told they’d be in stock next week. Any other ways o can buy the part I need now? Sweeping is getting old with two boys, two cats and two dogs in the house. 

@annie77 , thanks for your post. If it has not been determined through support troubleshooting that a replacement charger is needed, we do recommend reaching out our team to first troubleshoot. We do value your time and patience and wish to direct you to the right team towards a resolution. We do ask that you please reach out to our support team via phone, email, or by chat support for further assistance. 

Email Support- askdysonus@dyson.com

Phone support- 1-866-693-9766

Our helpline hours:

8:00am to 8:00pm CST Monday to Friday

9:00am to 6:00pm CST Saturday

I can’t troubleshoot because getting to anyone there requires having my vacuum model and the website isn’t picking that up from my serial number so when I call trouble shooting, I get stuck at that point and it won’t go further. I’m making an assumption because a dog we fostered through rescue chewed the cord a bit. It worked for awhile but doesn’t anymore so not a warranty issue. If there’s a way to get through troubleshooting without knowing my model number since that system isn’t working, that’s be great because it’s marked nowhere on the vacuum itself.