PH: complaint on poor aftersales and spare parts availability | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

PH: complaint on poor aftersales and spare parts availability

• 13 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Being a  top brand and of high value of product lines, it came to attention the downside of providing poor aftersales services.

Had my vacuum V11 checked as of 29 December 2023 and with a note that replacement is likely to come in the Philippines by end of January or February with a promise to contact me when the main body  replacement arrived.  No updates were made until I asked this 11 February.  The respond, I received was this:

"Hello, 

Please be informed that we just got an advice from our overseas manufacturer that the new tentative arrival of the parts for V11 units will be by 1st week of April. The reason is that they have a slowdown in the process on the quality assessment of the parts. We are on constant follow-ups and coordination with our supplier. We will inform you about the outcome of the process and rest assured that we will be prioritizing your unit once the parts arrived.

Thank you for the patience and understanding."

The response already seems unacceptable with transparency over slowdown in the process on the quality assessment of the parts.  April being the new target month makes it 4 months downtime to the purchased product.  The parts ordered is even pricey.  I'm not sure if I'm getting the value of money with this kind of aftersales service and I want to know how Dyson is working on improving this, and is it even worth it to wait that long.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Chanty

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this. Due to global supply chain challenges, in some cases it is taking us longer to certain restock parts than normal. We can only apologise for any inconvenience caused, and appreciate your continued patience. In the event of a breakdown, it’s always our aim to get your machine up and running again as soon as we’re able to.

For further support or to discuss your options, I’d encourage you to continue your current conversation with the Dyson Philippines Customer Care team. They’re best placed to access your records on our system and provide an update - and here at the Dyson Community, we’re not able to influence or override their normal processes.

I am writing to complain of the very unsatisfactory service given by Dyson’s authorized distributor the Philippines. 

For years I have always been a fan of Dyson products and I own a number of them mostly hair machines, fans and vacuum cleaners.   To date, I have a number of Airwraps and Hairdryers including the limited edition ones.  I even give them as gifts to friends and family.

This is the first time I experienced a faulty Dyson machine which is my newly bought Airwrap and your local distributor here, WhitePlane, Inc. (WPI) failed to give customer service worthy of Dyson’s name.

I bought my Airwrap March 15. Broke down April 7. Less than a month.  Service center received it April 15. They refuse to replace it. Until now, May 21st their only reply to my follow up is:

We sincerely apologize for the unwanted delay. As of the moment, your unit and request is being handled by our technical team and we are awaiting for their feedback.

Rest assured your machine will be prioritized and you will be notified as soon we have received an update from our technical team. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

If you need anything else, let me know if I can help. 

Thank you and have a Supersonic day!

It has been more than a month with the service center and I have no concrete response from them.