Purifier Hot +Cool turns off | Dyson Community
Question

Purifier Hot +Cool turns off

• 16 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,  we have 2 Hot+Cool machines. One we've had for a couple years and it works great. We got a second one last month and it keeps turning itself off randomly at night. I don't mean that it stops heating- it completely powers off and I have to unplug it then plug it back in to get it to turn on. I have it set to heat to 72 degrees with the fan on the 2 setting. It's in night mode so that the light is as dim as possible. I don't use the scheduling or timer.  There's no issue with the outlet or power in our home. What else can I try? I use these to keep my kids' rooms warm at night, we don't have a central heating system so these are crucial. My solution right now is to wake up in the middle of the night to check to make sure it's still on. That's not sustainable!

2 replies

@KPeters I’d start by looking up how to do a factory rest on your device, go to the Dyson support page or Google it for your specific model as the process may vary model-by-model.

If that doesn’t do it, contact you local support for service.
I’d also check the outlet - perhaps try that unit in another area of the house and see if the issue is the same.

Thanks very much for sharing suggestions!