Refund solution. | Dyson Community

Refund solution.

• 22 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I’ve joined the growing number of annoyed and angry people who did not get their refund within Dyson’s own 14 day period. Other companies I buy from refund within days if not hours!!

Having read the horror stories on here and elsewhere about some waiting months for their money I refused to wait a day longer.

I contacted my bank and instigated a ‘charge back’ dispute. You should do this within 120 days of the agreed waiting period - I suggest day 1!! I had to provide proof of purchase, order number, dates etc. More importantly, I could show proof of return and that Dyson had received my return. DPD, as part of their service, provided a photo and name of the employee who accepted it - all timed and dated.

I had my money back within 24 hours BUT… Mastercard have to raise a dispute with Dyson who may choose to dispute my claim . Quite what they can dispute I can’t imagine but there is a chance that I may have to return that money. With the evidence I have (and will keep until settled) I am confident in my claim to say the least - enough to raise a case at the ‘small claims court’ should Dyson wish to really push it!

Hope this helps those of you in the same predicament. My advice to those yet to decide is buy another brand and avoid the strife!!

2 replies

Hi @Katy M . We are sorry to hear of your experience with your refund collection. We do value your time and patience and wish to direct you to the right team towards a resolution. We do ask that you please reach out to our support team via phone or by chat support for further assistance. 

Phone support- 0800-298-0298

Our helpline hours:

• 08:00 – 20:00 Monday to Friday 
  • 08:00 – 18:00 Saturday and Sunday

I tried calling but was told there was a wait of nearly an hour. There is no other way to raise a case. Further, those that have managed to get through still do not get their money.

So, all in all, I’m not prepared to be messed around like these people. 14 days is an insult for a company like Dysons to keep people waiting.