Retailer Contact - Registering Processes | Dyson Community
Solved

Retailer Contact - Registering Processes

• 31 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hey, I purchased a V15 from my local Appliance shop. I was having issues registering my product online due to incomplete serial number and was told to go directly back to the store I purchased it from. I called, then emailed a copy of my serial number and order details. After a few days the store emailed me confirming that the serial number was all sorted. They also sent me through the Chat transcript between them and Dyson Live Chat, it has all my personal details. Is the appliance store allowed to do this? 

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 1 February 2023, 16:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @RjLsMw 

The situation you describe sounds rather unusual. Your Dyson should have a complete serial number directly on the product, however if the purchase was made from a retailer who is not authorized to retail Dyson machines, that could be an issue. That is something our team can definitely look into further for you. Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Thank you @kellym I can confirm that they are an authorised retailer for your products, I just really want to know if the retailer is allowed to provide my information to you without telling me first, is it a breach of privacy? 

Thank you @kellym I can confirm that they are an authorised retailer for your products, I just really want to know if the retailer is allowed to provide my information to you without telling me first, is it a breach of privacy? 

@RjLsMw 

You sharing the serial and order detail via email, what did you expect they’d do?

The retailer is responsible for processing and securing data. If through no explicit instruction or pre-existing agreement, they’ve register an item on behalf of you, discussing this with them is most appropriate step. They’ll have their own privacy documents outlining data consumption and use.

Dyson are now responsible for protecting the data provided. They’ll have their own privacy document detailing how they secure and use this data.