Set Cool Temperature | Dyson Community
Solved

Set Cool Temperature

• 27 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I have similar question. I also have a  Purifier Hot + Cool™️ Formaldehyde (White/Gold).

In a room size of 4 meter by 3 meter, with windows and doors closed, at night , the room temperature is 25 Celsius. I set the target temperature to 18 celcius, and fan speed at just 1 (because I wanted the fan to be as quiet as possible while I’m sleeping). 

I set 18 celcius target temperature by pressing the red minus thermostat control button to 18 celcius and then press the blue dot cooling mode button.

After 6 hours, at night, from 1am to 7am, the room temperature is 23 celcius. Is that the correct outcome? I was hoping that the room temperature would be 18 celcius after maybe an hour or at least by 6 hours. What is the correct expectation for the cool feature? What does it do? If I want the room to be 18 celcius on a hot day, how do I configure the unit to cool the room to 18 celcius (if the cool feature is designed to do that). 

(Edited by moderator – Moved to new Topic and amended title) 

icon

Best answer by GraceWood 27 September 2021, 15:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello,

I asked the same question when my mum and me brought our machine. 

It was explained that the machines Cool feature is connected to wind chill. Cooling us and not the room. If I wanted a machine that brought the temperature down, i’d need to buy an air conditioner. 

This might be why your not seeing the temperature drop.

Of course if the room temperature were to fall below 18 degrees the machine would then turn on and prevent the temperature going any lower. The Purifier should really be seen as a device that prevents the temperature falling below a certain level. To actually lower a temperature - whether during the day or at night - you’d need an air conditioner that physically lowers the ambient temperature of the air passing through it.

Hope this helps!

PSE11