Supersonic Blowdryer Dead | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Supersonic Blowdryer Dead

• 21 May 2024
  • 0 replies

My 3.5 year old supersonic hair dryer randomly shut off during use and has not turned back on since.  I've tried everything to troubleshoot and nothing works.  I've probably used the blow dryer 100 times over 3.5 years (I regularly air dry my hair and also purchased the airstrait last fall which has been my primary tool for drying) and have extremely thin hair so takes less than 5 mins to fully dry.  I am completely dumbfounded that a $500 unit could so quickly become a useless paper weight.  I reached out to customer support and was basically advised that my only option is to drive an hour and a half away to a service center where there is no guarantee that there will be a solution/fix.  I am quite frankly furious and so extremely disappointed.  As a big dyson product fan, I am becoming so discouraged from continuing to buy this brand.  My $20 cheap blowdryer from early 2000s is still at my parents house in their bathroom and still functions.  How can something so expensive have such a miserably short lifespan.  Has anybody found a solution 😭

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.