truly shocking customer service | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

truly shocking customer service

• 23 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I’ve had ongoing problems with my Dyson for the majority of the time I’ve owned it. 
The current fiasco I’m dealing with started off with them agreeing to bring it in for repair as they didn’t have the correct part in stock And after having sent it back several times before I wasn’t happy about being expected to call them back when the average waiting time is between 20 minutes and half an hour. 

well, they claim to have attempted twice to collect it however they forgot to actually turn up at my building!

Next they admitted they had cancelled the collection for no obvious reason so then said they would exchange it. 
Next they expected me to have a box big enough to put it in (I don’t have storage for Boxes) so then said so long as it was wrapped in cardboard it would be okay. I asked them to use Parcelforce, but despite having failed to collect it twice they still used DPD then said I had to put the machine into separate boxes! I’d Always run up until then, but was getting very frustrated with the poor level of communication so tried the WhatsApp option  

This was no better again, not only terrible English, But still didn’t understand that it was Not just a delivery and I couldn’t just accept the New machine and DPD were expecting me to destroy my current machine to send it back in multiple boxes. 

they claimed early on in the WhatsApp message that a complaint has been registered however 15 minutes later the said they will make a complaint and somebody will get back to me!  Surprise surprise, nobody got back to me and it’s been over a week now. 
could anybody here help or do I have to go down the legal route to get this resolved?

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Aredding,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this. 

I’ve reached out directly to take some further information, and I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

So I finally got a call from a lady who I believe was Tracy. She was very helpful; got a new machine shipped & sent me complimentary some extra tools. I’ve had the new machine for less than 6 weeks. 
this evening it’s giving off a horrible electrical burning smell and the cover to the ball filter is super hot after 2 mins vacuuming!  Nothing is blocked. 
 Jack are you able to help? I really don’t want to have to go back though the call centres again 😢