Unveiling My Disappointing Encounter with Dyson Customer Service: A Call for Accountability | Dyson Community
Solved

Unveiling My Disappointing Encounter with Dyson Customer Service: A Call for Accountability

• 1 March 2024
  • 7 replies

I am writing to express my profound dissatisfaction with the recent experience I had with Dyson customer service and to seek clarification on how I can escalate my concerns to Dyson's higher management for a definitive response.

Approximately two months ago, I contacted Dyson customer service to report an issue with my hairdryer, which was still under warranty. Despite the assurances from the representative that a replacement would be provided, I was informed that, due to owning a limited edition model, I would have to wait for a month. However, after a month passed, I did not receive any updates or a new product. Subsequently, when I reached out to customer service again, I was informed that the limited edition status made stock availability uncertain. Instead, they offered an alternative color and guaranteed availability within two weeks. Regrettably, even after two weeks had passed, I did not receive any communication. Following this, customer service changed their stance, offering compensation and promising availability within ten days. Yet again, ten days elapsed without any sign of the promised product.

Throughout this entire ordeal, Dyson's customer service has demonstrated a dismissive and evasive attitude. They have repeatedly provided false information and postponed resolving the issue. Despite my inquiries about compensation for unmet promises, they failed to provide a definitive answer. Furthermore, promises of a response within 24 hours were unfulfilled, leaving me without any communication from Dyson.

As a loyal customer, I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with Dyson's handling of this matter. I believe that my concerns have not been addressed with the respect or sincerity that I deserve. Therefore, I request clarity on how I can escalate my complaint to Dyson's higher management for a prompt and definitive response.

icon

Best answer by Jack 14 March 2024, 13:10

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

@Xiayan your detailed story sounds like the same experience I have had with Dyson support. At times it has seemed as though support is AI based and unable to comprehend my repeated issue description as well. I have only been without my vacuum for 3 weeks -- you are to be commended for being patient for several months! Have you considered filing a Better Business complaint?

@Xiayan your detailed story sounds like the same experience I have had with Dyson support. At times it has seemed as though support is AI based and unable to comprehend my repeated issue description as well. I have only been without my vacuum for 3 weeks -- you are to be commended for being patient for several months! Have you considered filing a Better Business complaint?

Thank you for your reply! Do you know how can we filing a better business complaint? I did not find any email address about it. 

Since March 1st, I have faced persistent challenges and frustrations while attempting to resolve the issue with my hairdryer. Despite making numerous attempts to communicate with Dyson's customer service team via various channels, including live chat and email, I have encountered repeated delays, misinformation, and unfulfilled promises.

The original color of my hairdryer (Vinca Blue/Rose Gold Limited Gift Set Edition) and my desired color (Prussian Blue/Rich Copper) have been out of stock, and Dyson's representatives suggested that I temporarily switch to the available Iron/Fuchsia color variant until my desired color becomes available again. However, to my dismay, after waiting for a full 8 days (since my old machine arrived on March 5th), I received an email today without any prior consultation, stating that Dyson intended to replace my hairdryer with the Blue/Gold color variant from a previously canceled order.

When I attempted to address this issue through online chat, I was met with ineffective solutions and was ultimately disconnected.

Overall, I am deeply disappointed by the inconsistent communication, lack of transparency, and overall mismanagement exhibited by Dyson's customer service team. As a loyal customer, I had expected a more satisfactory resolution to this matter, and I am now still seeking clarification on how to escalate my concerns to Dyson's higher management for a definitive response.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to your prompt assistance in resolving this issue.

[Moderation edit - personal information removed in line with the Dyson Community Code of Conduct]

I am writing to update you on the recent developments regarding my interaction with Dyson's customer service team.

As previously mentioned, I have been facing challenges and frustrations in attempting to resolve an issue with my hairdryer. Despite assurances from Dyson representatives that any replacement would be temporary until my preferred color variant became available, I recently received an email from Dyson stating that the replacement would be final.

This sudden change in stance, without prior consultation or explanation, is unacceptable and highly disappointing. It contradicts the commitments made to me during our previous conversations and demonstrates a lack of integrity on Dyson's part.

I am deeply disappointed by the inconsistent communication, lack of transparency, and overall mismanagement exhibited by Dyson's customer service team. As a loyal customer, I had expected a more satisfactory resolution to this matter.

Moving forward, I urge Dyson to honor the commitments made to me during our previous conversations and provide the temporary replacement as promised. Additionally, I call upon Dyson to conduct a thorough review of its customer service practices to prevent such deceptive practices from recurring in the future.

In the interest of transparency, I wanted to update the Dyson community on this matter. 

[Moderation edit - personal information removed in line with the Dyson Community Code of Conduct]

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Xiayan

I'm glad to hear our Americas Customer Care team has now been in touch with you to discuss your concerns.

I'm sorry if you're unhappy with the resolution offered, but you will need to continue this conversation directly with the local team. Here at the Dyson Community, we don’t have access to customer details and cannot intervene with this situation.

Hi @Xiayan

I'm glad to hear our Americas Customer Care team has now been in touch with you to discuss your concerns.

I'm sorry if you're unhappy with the resolution offered, but you will need to continue this conversation directly with the local team. Here at the Dyson Community, we don’t have access to customer details and cannot intervene with this situation.

Thank you for your response and acknowledgment of my concerns. While I appreciate the efforts made by the Americas Customer Care team to reach out to me, I regret to inform you that the resolution offered has left me unsatisfied.

I must express my disappointment with the handling of my case by a Dyson expert, who claims to hold a leadership position within Dyson Americas Customer Care. Throughout our communication, her attitude was extremely pushy, and she failed to provide any satisfactory resolution. Furthermore, it is evident that she did not thoroughly review my case before making decisions. As a result, an incorrect color variant was shipped without consulting me, and she attempted to shift the blame onto me, insisting on further delays.

It is disheartening to see a lack of accountability and leadership from Dyson's customer service team. As a loyal customer, I expect better from a company of Dyson's reputation. It is imperative for Dyson to uphold its commitment to providing excellent customer service and to take responsibility for any errors made by its representatives.

I kindly request that my case be reassessed by the local team with a focus on addressing the issues raised and providing a satisfactory resolution. It is crucial to note that my old machine was delivered on March 5th, and despite the promised shipping timeframe of 7-14 working days, an incorrect color variant was shipped due to Dyson's mistake. Additionally, I find it unreasonable that she insists on resetting the timeline from the moment of her recall, which is unjustified and further delays the resolution process.

I am open to further discussion and collaboration to ensure that this matter is resolved promptly and effectively.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Xiayan,

As I’ve said, you will need to continue your conversation with the Dyson Americas Customer Care team if you’d like to discuss this further. I know they have fully reviewed your concerns, and have resolved the situation within the options available. I can only apologise if you’re dissatisfied with the outcome.

Regrettably there is nothing more we can do to help you via the Dyson Community.