US Shipping Issues | Dyson Community

US Shipping Issues

• 4 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I know a lot of people have had shipping issues on here, but I don’t know what the resolution ends up being for most of them. 

I ordered a V15 Detect over 10 days ago, it was shipped via GLS with “next day delivery”. GLS tracking shows that they received the package that day, it arrived in my city, and then disappeared. Every day GLS would just “reschedule” the delivery to the next day, over and over for a week straight. I contacted them multiple times and never got any answers. 

I also submitted requests to Dyson multiple times and have never gotten any response. Finally I bit the bullet and sat on hold with Dyson for almost an hour to speak with someone. They told me that they could see the GLS issue, and they would go ahead and send me a new one via UPS. They told me that I would receive the confirmation and UPS tracking within 24-48 hours. Well, guess what! It’s been over 48 hours and I’ve gotten nothing! No update of any kind on my orders page either. 

Would love to know what the status is, but I simply can’t do another hour+ long phone call right now, so I’m hoping somebody has had a similar experience and can share what their solution was. 

I see that the responses on here a lot of the time suggest sending an email or using the chat - I’ve submitted more requests/emails to Dyson than I can count, never gotten a single response on there. I’ve also attempted to use the chat - the bubble is there, but it always just says “chat is not available” and asks me to submit yet another Order Status Request Form. Funny enough, if I use the chat and click “make a purchase” and go through the steps pretending I’m going to buy something, then the chat works no problem! The sales team is available, but not the service department. 

This is my first ever experience with Dyson, not off to a great start unfortunately. 

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey Darlin! 

I have to hold my hands up. I’ve never had an issue with a delivery. 

That’s not to say that they don’t of course happen! I think @kellym is the resident moderator for the States! Maybe she can help, at the very least look into why it’s taken so very long!

Good luck!

Lemon 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @tlpickering 

I’d be more than happy to have a look into this for you; I’m sorry it’s been such a source of frustration. Can you send me a DM here? I’ll need to collect some  basic order information from you, and then see what’s going on with your order. I look forward to hearing from you! 

Userlevel 1

Hello @tlpickering 

I’d be more than happy to have a look into this for you; I’m sorry it’s been such a source of frustration. Can you send me a DM here? I’ll need to collect some  basic order information from you, and then see what’s going on with your order. I look forward to hearing from you! 

@kellym Just DM’ed. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@tlpickering 

Received, and looks to be hopefully resolved with your new unit arriving tomorrow. 

Userlevel 1

@tlpickering

Received, and looks to be hopefully resolved with your new unit arriving tomorrow. 

Thank you for your help. 

I am have a similar issue with GLS. Ordered 5/31 says it was delivered today 6/2, I have been at home all day waiting for it to arrive and get the notification it’s out for delivery, then 3 hours later it says my order has been delivered but nothing came. 

I made sure to work from home today because I was nervous my $500 vacuum might get stolen from my front door and what do you know it never made it in the first place. I am really frustrated, I needed this because I am about to move and needed a good vacuum to help clean the place before I leave, now it’s not going to get here and I’m questioning why I even ordered in the first place. I can’t believe Dyson doesn’t seem to care at all ( at least their customer service people don’t care ). 

If Dyson can’t ship me my vacuum in a timely manner (before I move in 5 days) then I don’t really want it and this whole process makes me not want to even support Dyson. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. 

Justin 

I am have a similar issue with GLS. Ordered 5/31 says it was delivered today 6/2, I have been at home all day waiting for it to arrive and get the notification it’s out for delivery, then 3 hours later it says my order has been delivered but nothing came. 

I made sure to work from home today because I was nervous my $500 vacuum might get stolen from my front door and what do you know it never made it in the first place. I am really frustrated, I needed this because I am about to move and needed a good vacuum to help clean the place before I leave, now it’s not going to get here and I’m questioning why I even ordered in the first place. I can’t believe Dyson doesn’t seem to care at all ( at least their customer service people don’t care ). 

If Dyson can’t ship me my vacuum in a timely manner (before I move in 5 days) then I don’t really want it and this whole process makes me not want to even support Dyson. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. 

Justin 

They never guarantee shipping timescales for this very reason. If I were you, I’d can the order and replace it once you’ve moved. Maybe look at borrowing a vacuum or picking one up from a local store instead.