V 15 detect keeps showing filter needs cleans and keeps clogging up | Dyson Community

V 15 detect keeps showing filter needs cleans and keeps clogging up

• 4 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve had a Dyson cordless v 15 detect for less than 2 years now and it has been a real pain and very difficult to keep running.  The issue is twofold.  First, it clogs almost every few times that I vacuum and my house is small and relatively clean to begin with (just dust).  Second, and this seems to be a flaw in the programming, it shows that the filter needs to be cleaned and then allowed to dry for 24 hours.  This occurs after *five minutes* or less of vacuuming.

When I contacted customer support the first time, a new vacuum was sent to me.  And after a very short period of time, this machine started to do The. Very. Same. Thing!  I called customer support again and a new vacuum body was sent to me.  Again the same thing.  Clogging at the vacuum head and showing that the filter needed to be cleaned etc.  And yet again I called customer service and was told I needed to purchase a new filter which I did.

Same Issues.

I purchased the Dyson because of its reputation but I would never purchase another and would advise anyone looking to buy a new vacuum cleaner to not buy one. 

3 replies

Hi @gemhoney,

Thanks for the post. This isn’t the sort of issue we’d expect to occur in normal domestic use, especially not with multiple machines. I’d recommend following the steps to help check everything is as it should be:

If you’re still having difficulty after this point, please Live Chat to our experts on Dyson.com. Click the purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant, then click the agent icon in the bottom left hand corner of the window to speak directly with the team. If experts aren’t available, this most likely means all agents are currently busy helping other shoppers and owners, so please do try again with them later.

Hi, Adam.  Thanks for your response.  I’m familiar with how to clear blockages.  I’ve done it many times and then it just blocks up again.  And again the indicator continues to note that I need to wash the filter.  I’ve now had *3* replacements as I noted in my original posting.  My diagnosis is that there is something that is basically mis-engineered in this vacuum.  And I reiterate that there is nothing out of the ordinary about my house.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @gemhoney,

Thanks for your reply here. I can assure you that the Dyson V15 Detect™ vacuum has been very popular with Dyson owners, and experiencing issues with three machines in normal household use would be extremely unusual. We wouldn’t expect a blockage to occur, unless the machine has accidentally been used to pick up an item too large for it. In the event of this happening, the blockage should be trapped within the cleaner head, where the obstruction is easiest to retrieve.

To get some further insight into what factors may be at play here, we would need to speak to you directly. The fastest way of getting in touch with our experts is via Live Chat through our Digital Assistant. Once you’ve clicked the round purple button on Dyson.com, you can start a conversation with an agent by clicking the agent icon at the bottom left of the chat window. 

We’ll look forwards to speaking with you!