V8 bin clip fell off | Dyson Community
Solved

V8 bin clip fell off

• 10 January 2024
  • 5 replies

The small red clip with a small spring fell off while I was emptying the bin. I cant see where it fits back on.

I cant put the bin back on without it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Jack 10 January 2024, 13:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @timbolen,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - sorry to hear about the issue you’ve had with the clip and spring on your Dyson V8™ vacuum’s bin.

Is this the red clip on top of the cyclone pack which you pull upwards to release the bin base? If possible, would you be able to share a photo here of the parts in question so we can make sure we’re providing the right advice on part replacement?

Hello.

Its the small clip bit at the base of the bin. I can see how to get it back on. Without it I dont seem to be able to put the bin back on.

This is the first time I have emptied it as its new.

The version I had before was much easier to empty than this new one! It seems to have been made harder than the earlier model?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @timbolen,

Thanks for confirming - this is useful detail!

I’ve included our Bin emptying and Getting started video guides below in case they’re helpful in using your new Dyson V8™ vacuum.

The updated bin emptying mechanism adds the benefit of simultaneously wiping any trapped fluff, hair or debris from the perforated metal shroud and releasing the bin base in one action. This minimises the need to interact with the dirt in the bin, for a more hygienic emptying process. It may take some getting used to if you’ve previously owned an older model!

As your machine is new, you’ll need to live chat with our UK Customer Care experts to resolve the broken clip. They’ll be able to take your details and organise a replacement Clear bin assembly for you - this should be covered under the terms of your free 2-year Dyson guarantee.

The quickest way to get in touch is to visit Dyson.co.uk and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a live chat conversation with our Customer Care team. If you find all agents are busy when you contact us, please do try again a little later as we have good resource on live chat during normal working hours.

We'll look forward to speaking with you and getting this resolved!

Hi

Had a good chat with customer care. They have sent me a new bin. But the odd thing is the new bin doesnt have a small red clip attached - like the bit that fell off mine.

I can attach the new bin without it so that seems fine. But its a mystery as to where the red plastic bit with the small spring fits? (see my photo).

Any ideas anyone?

Gosh the new bin mechanism is a pain!

Putting it back together is so hard now. It was so much easier before.

I dread having to empty it as I feel it is going to break.

Tim