Waiting over 10 weeks for a refund. | Dyson Community
Question

Waiting over 10 weeks for a refund.

• 3 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Why do I get the feeling that Dyson simply tell lies when they promise a refund. They collected my machine on the 14th August and received it on the 15th August. They then advised it has been repaired and sent to the wrong address. Then they offered me a V15 to replace a robotic hoover???? Since then they have promised me 7 times a refund and advised me to wait 3-5 days 7-10 days 10 -14 Days. They have emailed me promising me a refund but still yet am I to receive one. I have case numbers I have my account details which has been given to them numerous times. I see now they have closed down the Whatssapp customer service. 

Anyone had any luck getting a refund?

4 replies

@DarrenB I am concerned to hear this. I would like to look into this matter for you. Can you please send me a direct message here with your order/ return number and your best email address for contact? 

Badge +1

How come this site and trust pilot is full of bad reviews about the customer service. They have said its technical issues for 3 months now and I have been waiting for a refund this length of time. Are these technical issues actually forcing the staff to tell lies about refunds or are they trained to do this? Generic response time after time, lie after lie from any actual human you get through to after 1+ hr wait on the phone. Emails promising a refund with the usual it will take 10-14 days and nothing arrives. Offers of a discount with the usual apology but how do they actually apply this discount?… well they don’t it is just a ploy to appease you and make you wait for a further 14 days and so it begins again ( why would you even want another Dyson machine) …. contact customer services, hang on the phone for an hour or 2. Get told more lies ’ we don’t have your bank details’ ‘technical issues’ ‘ replacement machine was sent’ etc etc. Why would anyone purchase a Dyson machine when the warranty they offer is worthless as they simply will not issue a refund. Stay away from this company as they cannot fulfil their promises. If you are trying to sort anything on this site forget about it.The whattsapp customer service has been stopped which is the correct thing to do as it was absolute horse dung. They have already stated on this site in their comment about issues with customer services that they cannot help with refunds etc. Just take yourself over to Trustpilot and leave your review there on the Dyson or Dyson UK section. You will see what Dyson are putting their customers through in the reviews and be prepared to wait months for a refund if you are lucky enough to get one at all.

Badge +1

Well Teanna, have you had any luck with my case or is it at the bottom of a very large pile of customer service issues that you have to respond to with the Dyson ‘  A refund will be 10-14 days’? standard response.

Terrible isn’t it?!