Worst customer service ever? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Anyone else out there at wits end with Dyson dropping the ball on service? I’m 8-months in with an issue because they want me to ship an entire vacuum back over a ripped gasket, when all I really need is a part. For 8 months they haven’t produced the part in the color of my vacuum, and at this stage I assume they never will. For 8 months they said “a few more weeks” but it never happened. It seems like nobody in the entire customer service team realizes it’s not possible for me to send away my vacuum without a new one in-hand. All I ask is either send the part in the right color, or let me buy a new vacuum in the color where parts actually exist, and then I’ll ship back my old one in the box from the new one. Amazon does this all the time where you buy a replacement and get refunded when the defective product arrives. For some reason Dyson thinks it’s reasonable to send away my only vacuum before they will send a replacement. That’s insane. 8 months of this dance, this horrible sad dance. 

Top it off, I order a low-reach adapter because the website says it works with the Gen5. NOPE. It doesn’t fit. I waited months for this part only to have it arrive incompatible. Then I got to spend 2 hours on a chat with a customer service rep who failed to listen to me and tried to tell me to bring my entire vacuum to a UPS store. Then for the low-reach adapter they are saying I can bring the adapter to a UPS store, but I got an email that explicitly says a label is being sent. The rep tried to say the email is wrong. It’s a wild lack of competence and lack of empowerment. The best part was when the rep sent me some Youtube video showing the adapter on an entirely different vacuum — it’s like they conveniently ignored the fact I’m talking about the Gen5. I can’t believe I spent my money on this trash. I am really frustrated beyond all prior limits of frustration. It seems impossible to get their attention to solve a problem. I have email threads and a chat transcript probably a mile long at this point. I’m done, might sell the whole thing or give it away to someone.

Anyone else out there having this much fun with their Dyson ownership experience? 

Yep! Except we received the wrong version of a replacement part (the correct one is “not in stock”) and sent ours back nearly a month ago.

Dyson has delayed as much as possible (“up to 15 business days from the receipt of your returned item at our warehouse”) to provide any “resolution”, relying on us to reach out to Customer Support for any updates.

Turns out their resolution is to wait longer until the device release they initiated on Day 15 (Friday) to be cleared on Monday.

I have a feeling we won’t be receiving a device any time soon.