Air Treatment machine - Remote Control Pairing | Dyson Community
Solved

Air Treatment machine - Remote Control Pairing

• 6 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Just bought a new Dyson pure cool link fan , model TP002 . The product was a demo at the shop so the box was already opened . By mistake they gave me a remote for the same model but from another product with different serial number . Now the fan works but remote is. It paired and I cannot use it to get access in all the functions. So is there a way to pair this remote control with my machine ? Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 7 August 2023, 16:47

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

It should work out of the box. If it’s for the same machine/model, there shouldn’t feasibly be an issue. Get on the blower to Dyson and have them send you a new one. 

Userlevel 5

Remotes for the same model should work. When we had a replacement one from Dyson last year, it worked out of the box without any pairing needed. I’d lean towards the remote they gave you being either faulty or for another product line. 

Hello @danastasiou 

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community. Sorry about your experience regarding your remote.

If the remote is for the same model, it should not be a problem and should be fully functional as it would be considered as a replacement remote.
Ultimately it is advisable for you to go back to the Demo store and ask for the initial remote of your Dyson.

You can also refer to your user manual for further insight and I have added the following guidelines on connecting your remote here

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

Regards,