auto setting and air quality isnt working | Dyson Community

auto setting and air quality isnt working

• 6 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, I bought the new Dyson hot+cool generation 1 air purifier. I bought this fan because I have a premature baby and wanted to ensure the room temperate and air flow/quality is alway at its best. 

since using it, I’ve had it on the auto setting the whole day and the air quality is fine. At night and the air levels are always red & really high! The room is a decent size, always clean and vacuumed.  I have the temperature on 22 degrees. The baby is sleeping in our room and I find I often wake up cause it’s too hot or too cold. If I drop the temperature to 21, it’s really cold, if I increase it 23 it gets to hot. Sometimes the air blowing is on the highest (I get that it’s trying to control the temperature) but again I wake up cause it becomes way too hot for the baby. I just can’t get it on the right level for the room. 

I want to leave this fan in the nursery but I’m worried that it won’t have a consistent temperature or air quality for the baby

im not sure why the air quality has been bad since I got it. It’s not even a week old.  Surely having it on auto is supposed to purify the air. 

im a bit disappointed with this product. 

1 reply

Hi, Melmonty!

I love to hear that you’re focused on protecting your little one from tricky and unhealthy air particles. I commend you for that.

I also own one of these fans. I love the heating mode, especially on very cold Maine, USA winters! Otherwise, the fan aspect of the machine is just as efficient and powerful as the other Dyson bladeless fan types! The one thing to note, though, is that none of these Dyson machines actually cool the air via a drop in temperature. In other words, it’s not an air conditioner. However, the physical force of wind unto one’s body feels cooling due to our sweat evaporating off our skin. So, it’s better known as a heater + purifier fan (I’ve even referred to it as a “space heater”).

If you would like a quicker, more room-filling warmth (on heating mode) then I would suggest using your remote (or app!) to increase the fan speeds during heating (auto mode tends not to change the fan speed based on temperature, but more-so on air quality). Otherwise, it’s still providing two, always-on features of an air purifying fan—which I think is a PERFECT addition for a nursery! Congratulations!