HP09 - Is there a way to adjust the speed levels in heating mode? | Dyson Community
Solved

HP09 - Is there a way to adjust the speed levels in heating mode?

• 31 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Novice Member
  • 2 replies

I recognized that compared to the cooling mode my HP09 blows much stronger when setting a target temperature in heating mode that is above the current measured temperature. I can still set the blower level from 1 to 10, but it has a much smaller effect on the real blower level than in cooling mode.

Let me give a simple example. When setting a target of 26 °C with an actual temperature value of 24 °C, the blower of the HP09 immediately starts with a relatively high blower level. Although it displays a current level of 4, the real level is much higher (it sounds like level 8 or even 10). It is still possible to set the blower level on a different value, but this only has a small effect on the real level. 

Is this a normal behaviour in heating mode?

(Edited by Moderator - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 2 August 2023, 12:04

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @dtp

I typed out a reply yesterday, but my signal dropped and it didn't send! If there’s a rail network with stable WiFi, please let me know!

I actually raised this early last year. Dyson told me this was by design, and no there isn’t a way to effect a change. Their reasoning, “When the machine first switches the Heating function on, it cycle a higher volume of air into and over the motor and heating element. This air helps to cool the heater as it reaches temperate at an accelerated rate. The air is additionally analysed by the hardware for particulates and reacts the airflow to combat these”. 

The later phase of this is answer is better explained in a post by @Stuart - Using Auto mode (Purifier, Heater and Humidify)

David. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Good to know. I assumed the heat fan speeds were automatic.  Usually heaters blow at a lower rate. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Easy assumption to make. Dyson technology, slightly over engineers, resulting in weak product familiarity to others on the markets. Don’t get me wrong, I am a Dyson advocate, I’d wish their tech to be more functional.