No control over fan speed in HP04 | Dyson Community

No control over fan speed in HP04

• 1 January 2024
  • 0 replies

I have an HP04 and it does not allow me to set a low fan speed when set to heating mode.

I understand from several other posts on here that this behavior is intentional, but I don’t see how this makes sense. Why have a fan speed setting if it doesn’t actually control the fan speed? I want a small amount of heat and a small amount of airflow, not to hear a loud blaring fan as soon as I turn it on 1 degree over the room temperature, and not to get zero heat if I set the heat to the same temperature as the room.

The machine is clearly capable of a lower fan speed, because when you set the heat to the same temperature as the room, the fan slows down. Allow us to actually control this, and let the machine decide its own fan speed when it’s set to “auto” setting, not when we’re manually controlling the fan speed.

(and the machine’s software is updateable - so you could fix this with a software tweak, and given the number of other topics on this board that have asked for this, you should)

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.