dyson pro blowdryer - Intermittent filter light - What can I do? | Dyson Community
Solved

dyson pro blowdryer - Intermittent filter light - What can I do?

• 2 August 2023
  • 7 replies

I am a professional hair stylist and have been having major problems with my Dyson. I’m very busy doing 10+ clients a day and after 2 clients my blowdryer burns out. The red lights turn on, it’ll have a new filter in it, everything is clean and it just stops working mid-client. I have done everything possible to maintain this blowdryer to perfection. Is this just a $500 piece of junk? This is my second blowdryer from them and they replaced the first one due to this issue. Anyone else who has the pro blowdryer going through this? 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 7 August 2023, 15:55

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

Is it plugged into a wall or a power strip?  My hair dryer kept doing the same thing and it was plugged into a power strip.  My hair stylist told me to plug it directly into the wall outlet.  That made all the difference.  I have not had a problem since.  

Heya! Sorry to hear Hun!! If you’ve cleaned the filter already. like this How to clean your Dyson Airwrap™ styler's filter - YouTube then I’m not sure whatever you can try! Maybe soaking the filter in warm water! I’ve heard this helps if there’s a lot of product being used around it. 

I have done allllll of these methods. I even spent $100 on 4 new filters and even with a new one and the inside wiped off it still happens. Very frustrating! 

I have done allllll of these methods. I even spent $100 on 4 new filters and even with a new one and the inside wiped off it still happens. Very frustrating! 

A non-hair owner (figuratively and physically) wading in..  I’ve had to make a claim against their guarantee. It was easy enough. Have you tried speaking to them? At the very least, they might offer a repair? 

Yes, this is my second one replaced by them. I will go through with another claim this Monday. I wanted to see if anyone had any other tips that i haven’t done yet, but unfortunately it seems like there is nothing. 

Yes, this is my second one replaced by them. I will go through with another claim this Monday. I wanted to see if anyone had any other tips that i haven’t done yet, but unfortunately it seems like there is nothing. 

It sounds like you’re doing everything you can!! I stumbled across a video on YouTube, where they’re showing the filter being cleaned with a new brush and left to soak! I certainly don’t do this with mine! Good job you’re still under guarantee! 

Hello @HairbyAndrea 

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community. Sorry to learn about your experience.

Usually when the red light appears, it is an indicator that the filter is clogged up and needs cleaning or replacing. To get over all guidance on your Dyson, I have just added some tips over on our Maintaining your Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer article. 

As you mentioned you have done so already and is in the process of a claim with us, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation as one of our Representatives will continue assisting you. They’re best placed to help you further and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. 

If you still need any further help regarding this, don't hesitate to respond over here. 

Regards,