Does the 360 Vis Nav ONLY use the map? Or does the camera and sensors override the map? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Does the 360 Vis Nav ONLY use the map? Or does the camera and sensors override the map?

• 3 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I am curious about mapping.  Since the software doesn’t seem to like angled walls, does the robot map the house and use it “as a suggestion,” allowing the cameras and sensors to “override” the map if it determines that it can actually follow the edge of a diagonal cabinet or wall?  

When I look at my map, there are very large zig-zags representing these diagonal walls and cabinets.  But when it shows the cleaning map, it overlaps—but not exactly—the original map from mapping.  

Just curious if this thing is smart enough with sensors and cameras to determine where things actually are in the room.  

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @CurlyBee,

Your Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot will use a combination of information from its stored map, as well as real-time data from its panoramic camera and suite of onboard sensors, to understand the environment around it, and to navigate around your home.

Badge +1

Hi @CurlyBee,

Your Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot will use a combination of information from its stored map, as well as real-time data from its panoramic camera and suite of onboard sensors, to understand the environment around it, and to navigate around your home.

Thanks, Jack!  

I’ve noticed that the “robot activity” overlays on the map aren’t the same…I have the island in the kitchen outlined in red, and the cabinets with a red line.  The “dirt map” seems to follow the edge of the cabinets more closely, but the “zoning map” is not straight where the cabinets would be in a straight line.  And even though it shows here that it’s vacuuming where the cabinets should be, it is missing that area under the cabinets.  Is there any reason that you could see from this that it might ignore those crumbs?  The bin was definitely not full.  

Red asterisk on island is area shown below