Dyson 360 Eye connection with MyDyson app failed | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson 360 Eye connection with MyDyson app failed

• 28 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi I got the 1st gen Dyson 360 eye from a friend who did not want to use it any more after he moved to a new apartment that is too small. However he did not remove the vacuum cleaner properly in his MyDyson app and now I cannot connect to it using MyDyson app.

I also tried the troubleshooting procedures to download the enable, disable and reset wifi config but it never worked! I still cannot connect and use the vacuum cleaner using MyDyson app. Is there another way to factory reset the vacuum cleaner? It has still the old configs and map so the vacuum cleaner pretty useless to me if I can´t get it to connect to MyDyson.

The connection always hangs at step 3 in Confirming Connection and never succeeded! Please see screenshot… can someone from Dyson support help me reset the robot using other means? Thank you so much!

I already tried this step very close to the router and wifi access point to no avail! Restarted all router and wifi APs and it still does not work. Other wifi devices have not issues connecting. Yes I am using 2.4Ghz wifi radio signal.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 29 August 2023, 09:30

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

6 replies

@tattler Hi there. With the first-gen Robot, you may need to manually refresh the software with a software download from the web and a USB stick.

Here are some instructions that should help:

RESETTING THE ROBOT
• If ownership of the robot changes, you may wish to
reset the robot so that home network names and
passwords are cleared.
• To reset the robot, follow the same steps as the ‘disable
wi-fi’ section but instead download t

DISABLE WI-FI
• Your robot is automatically set to send out a wi-fi signal
that can be picked up as a local network (also called
‘AP’ mode.) If desired this mode can be switched ‘OFF’
by following the instructions below.
• Download the ‘Disable wi-fi mode’ software from
the Dyson website on to a USB stick. Make sure this
software is the only item on the USB stick and the stick
has at least 256MB of free space.
• Remove the post filter and filter cover and insert the
USB stick into the USB port.
Manually replace the robot on a powered dock and
ensure it is charging.
• Press the power button until a ring of pink lights flash,
then release the button. The software will automatically
switch ‘OFF’ wi-fi mode.
• Once complete the robot will turn off.
• Remove the USB and replace the filter and filter

Software download page:

https://www.dyson.com/support/vacuum-cleaners/robots/360-eye/software-updates

Robot Eye PDF manual:

https://www.dyson.com/content/dam/dyson/maintenance/user-guides/en_US/vacuumcleaners/robotvacuums/dyson360eyevacuum/64989-01.pdf

Hi @Adam.Steinberg thank you for the instructions. Unfortunately these instructions do not work at all. I ran all three: Enable WiFi, Resetting Wifi and Disable Wifi. It did not help. I even went further as to download the update file and ran it. Still cannot complete the setup in MyDyson app.

The robot is connecting to my own wifi network alright but in MyDyson app I never succeeded to finish adding the robot. It always hangs at step 3 (see screenshot).

I searched Google and found out that there is an mqtt client running on the robot and somehow the credentials used by MyDyson app to connect to it isn't working (it was using the previous owner's credentials). Is there anyway to reset the credentials and fix it?

Have you tried reverting it back to factory setting? If you have, the ownership Credentials can only be reset by contacting Dyson. They’ll need to raise an internal ticket with their IT/Cloud team to clear the history.

Hi @Kibbleb I am trying to factory reset the robot (with the only method from Dyson by downloading the files) but to no avail. I called the support last week but they just sent me the same instructions I just got from Adam, so pretty useless to me.

How can I raise an internal ticket with their IT/Cloud team? The CS is always busy and I always need to explain again what my issues are and never got them to do it. Any tip suggestion to contact them would be much appreciated!!! Thank you!

Hi @Kibbleb I am trying to factory reset the robot (with the only method from Dyson by downloading the files) but to no avail. I called the support last week but they just sent me the same instructions I just got from Adam, so pretty useless to me.

How can I raise an internal ticket with their IT/Cloud team? The CS is always busy and I always need to explain again what my issues are and never got them to do it. Any tip suggestion to contact them would be much appreciated!!! Thank you!

@tattler not easily. Dyson staff need to take the initiative. The helpline team can be an absolute nightmare - obviously only there to offer quick fixes, everything else seems beyond their capabilities. You’re best to speak to the team that run the social media, they seem for the lack of a better word, more caring. Reach out over WhatsApp or DM them on Insta.

Thanks @Kibbleb for the info. I actually already had a case open via Whatsapp with Dyson. They escalated my case to the connectivity team…. is it the same as the IT/Cloud team? I do not know anything about the team that runs the social media….

I wonder if they can help me further as I am not the original owner of the robot vac. They are quite strict with the privacy policy.