Hair Dryer Failure | Dyson Community
Question

Hair Dryer Failure

• 23 April 2024
  • 0 replies

Expensive hair dryer stopped working two months out of warranty.  Called customer service who kept me on the phone for 40 minutes and then told me to go to a local Dyson service center. They told me they’ve never seen a problem like mine and they think the power cord needs to be replaced and they don’t have the capability to do it. They said they might be able to later in the year and in the meantime offered me $150 “toward“ a refurbished machine. I found refurbished machines on the Dyson site for $350. So after spending $400 on a hairdryer, I now have to spend another 200 to get a used machine if I still want this dryer . Definitely the classic case of pouring good money after bad. I will go spend that money on another brand first. Very disappointed. Dyson should just send me a refurbished dryer in exchange for mine since they will ultimately fix it and resell it for near the original cost.  By the way, why do they have so many refurbished hairdryers? Because the product is deficient!   They seem to have quite the racket going but maybe someone in leadership will read this and do the right thing. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!