Help with removing Robot notifications in iOS app that it can't start cleaning | Dyson Community
Solved

Help with removing Robot notifications in iOS app that it can't start cleaning

I don’t own the 360 eye anymore and I still get annoying notifications on my ios phone because of the dyson app that it can’t start cleaning (I own other dyson items that I use the app for).  There is no way to add the dyson 360 eye to the app since I don’t own it.  The dyson 360 eye still shows up in my account on the web, which is the only place it shows up.  I have had new phones and deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times so the only place it can get the information from is the my account for dyson on the web.  I have called support multiple times to get it removed and have been told it would be removed but it wasn’t.  It is a horrible annoying experience.  Why don’t they have the option to remove machines you don’t have any more.

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 3 March 2023, 21:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @danwebmail 

You should be able to easily remove your Robot 360 Eye from your Dyson App. To do so, whilst on the chosen product, press the settings icon in the top right, then select your machines settings.

From here, navigate to the remove section. Here you will find further information to remove that machine from your app. You should then no longer receive any type of notifications about this machine.

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

That does not work. I no longer have the machine and it is not shown in the app. That is the problem. Support finally decided that the solution was to set the 360 I machine status is not working.

Hi @danwebmail

Have you checked it isn’t a voice control notification? 

Although I have not directly experienced this, I am aware of a similar encounter a member on Reddit had. They had connected their purifier to their Alexa App, and received notifications to their device even though they had sold the unit a week prior. It seemed that removing it from the Dyson app didn’t dissociate it with the other connections. 

If it is coming from the Dyson app, the team at Dyson will need to instruct that it’s relationship between your email and the app is severed. You’ll have to specifically asked for this to be undertaken. To my own frustration, knowledge of the app isn’t something everyone at their call centres have. 

Pete.