Puerto Rico Scam | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Do you live in Puerto Rico and want to buy Dyson? My advice is just don't. Here's the experience of many puertorriqueños including me.

You buy a very expensive product in Puerto Rico, purchased locally, that says it comes with a nice warranty, but does it? Well, Dyson just refuses to honor the warranty of my Vacuum... why? Well, because they decided to change management, change processes and close the warehouse that ships to Puerto Rico without any notice to their new or existing customers so that they can take your money and tell you woops, I'm sorry, you are on your own, when the machine breaks down.

I have called, emailed and escalated the case multiple times since September 25th and they just repeat the same thing over and over, no shipping to Puerto Rico.

Dyson, I want you to understand, you are deceiving customers in Puerto Rico by taking their money for a very expensive product that has a warranty to then refuse to honor it and ship the parts. This is, in my opinion, false advertisement. I don't see it on the box, I don't see it on your website, I don't see it anywhere. Asking us to buy the parts on our own or ship them to a friend in the US and then pay the shipping fee ourselves to bring the part to PR is unacceptable and discriminatory. We are a territory of the USA, citizens of the United States, we pay taxes, we enroll in the military and we are sick and tired of being treated like this and getting taken advantage of.

Be the first to reply!