V12 filter always needs cleaning even after new replacement.... | Dyson Community
Solved

V12 filter always needs cleaning even after new replacement....

• 24 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I’m getting slightly frustrated we have a V12 about 2 yrs old. I recently replaced the filter as it kept telling me it needed to be cleaned. Even with a new filter it still tells me it needs to be cleaned. Is this a common issue with V12 after a certain amount of time so you have to buy a new one… 

icon

Best answer by Jack 17 April 2024, 13:53

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @vivienneuk2002

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

If you haven’t already checked the floor tool, wand and bin inlet of your Dyson V12 Detect Slim™ vacuum for blockages, we’d recommend giving this a try. Generally, checking for and removing any blockages, and thoroughly washing and air drying the filter (or replacing it with a new one, as you’ve done), should resolve this issue:

If the issue continues after this, we'll need our Customer Care experts to take you through some further diagnostic checks when you have your vacuum fully charged and easily to hand. If a replacement part or a repair is needed, they’ll be able to discuss your options with you.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!