Airstraight keeps resetting/turning off - Ideas? (Solved) | Dyson Community
Solved

Airstraight keeps resetting/turning off - Ideas? (Solved)

• 29 September 2023
  • 2 replies

I bought an airstraight and used it for a week, absolutely loving it.,

However, it started doing the following - I would use it for a few seconds and it would shut off and show the reset message.  I’d power it back on, and the same thing would happen over and over no matter what other setting I chose.  I called Support and had a video conference where the support tech watched me use the dryer.  She said the machine was defective and to send it back which I did.  I’m waiting for the new dryer to arrive.

I decided I wanted a second backup airstraight as it sounded like it would be awhile until I got another one.  I bought an open box model on ebay.  Unbelievable, it arrived today and is doing the same thing.  I’ve tried different outlets in the house.  Are you kidding me?  Could both be defective?  Or am I doing something wrong.  Any tips / help?  I’m beyond frustrated.

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Category Updated) 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 30 September 2023, 17:25

View original

2 replies

@720tricia It does seem very unlikely that you would have received 2 faulty units like that. Indeed make sure that the unit is not on an extension cord or power strip, and if the issue persists, contact support for a return.

Thank you @Adam.Steinberg .  I meant to update this. 

I tried the AirStraight at a friend’s house and it worked perfectly.

My husband has a Fluke multimeter that measure voltage, current and resistance.  So, at our house, he measured the voltage while I attempted to use the AirStraight - it started at 120v and fell to 117v, at which point the AirStraight shut off.  That swing in voltage is apparently within the 3% tolerance for the US Electrical grid standard.   When we plugged the AirStraight into a device that keeps the voltage constant (my husband has one of these as well!), the AirStraight works.  So it seems like a slight drop in voltage causes the AirStraight to shut off.  None of my other appliances, including the Dyson AirWrap, have a problem with our voltage.

I’m going to contact Dyson with this information.   It would be interesting to know if anyone else has had this issue.