Airwrap shuts off - terrible customer service | Dyson Community

Airwrap shuts off - terrible customer service

• 1 January 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Terrible customer service.  My airwrap just shuts off every 10 seconds and their response is to buy a new one!!  I spent $600 and it only last 2-½ years!!!  Terrible terrible customer service - I am so mad that I made a horrible investment!!!!!

Dyson Community Moderator 1 year ago

Hi @josetta16 

We’re disheartened to hear that you’re having this issue. @Charliebrown is spot on; the majority of issues of our haircare devices shutting off while in use do point back to the filter needing to be cleaned. Hairspray or other hair care products can cause build-up on the filter or filter cage, and this blocks airflow, which can result in the device overheating, and shutting off.

If you’ve gone through filter washing and still have trouble, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @josetta16 

Have you checked their online help tool? One of their team might have misdiagnosed the issue. 

You might find it is as simple as it needing a filter wash. Dyson Hair Care Support.

Charlie. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @josetta16 

We’re disheartened to hear that you’re having this issue. @Charliebrown is spot on; the majority of issues of our haircare devices shutting off while in use do point back to the filter needing to be cleaned. Hairspray or other hair care products can cause build-up on the filter or filter cage, and this blocks airflow, which can result in the device overheating, and shutting off.

If you’ve gone through filter washing and still have trouble, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Userlevel 1

Yes i have trouble shooted as per the manual. I have cleaned my filters regularly. I have contacted customer service and they told me there is nothing that they could do. My unit is out of warranty and they want me to purchase a new one. I think this is a terrible way to conduct business. This hair airwrap was not a cheap purchase and I thought I would get more for my money than just 2 1/2 years. 

Dyson is awful. I'm on this community because I bought a Air Wrap on 12/18 and after arguing for them to do the right thing, they wouldn't. 

They just cannot stand behind their product and their CS is probably the worse I've seen. 

They have a monitor on this site and they will tell you to DM them but it's useless. I did so and they just apologized but basically told me oh well, too bad. I got a air wrap after a delay and it was inoperable. Not a great 1st step. So I'm not feeling too confident with an "exchange. "

I feel bad for you and others out of warranty though. I was still within my 30 days (barely) and returned the machine. Still waiting on them to cancel and confirm the return as I finance this way too expensive machine.

I ended up buying the Shark Flexstyle and am so happy. 60 day return policy.  2 year warranty and $400 cheaper 

So sorry this happened to you as well. Best to write complaints to the BBB and Consumer Protection Agencies.  They need to do better and they got our money and stuck us with a very expensive product that doesn't seem to last more than a year.

Good luck!

Userlevel 1

@bonnielucretiaclarke thank you for your feedback. I am so frustrated with a Dyson and the CC.  So many complaints on this forum being the same thing.  I’m not sure why they don’t stand by their product, but it’s really an eye opener.  I will gladly try the Shark and take my chances with their product. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @bonnielucretiaclarke 

Oh god! What a nightmare!

Why on earth didn’t you exchange it? I love my airwrap and thank god I’ve never had any issues with it or the dyson hairdryer. I got the Airwrap for my daughter in the summer and use it more than she does 😊! I really have nothing but praise for it.

I think you’re very brave going for shark! I’ve seen so many negative comments on it. Let’s be honest, it looks like a cheaper dupe of Dyson. As my daughter would put it, it’s a bit like comparing a knock off handbag with a real Louis Vuitton.

Maybe you’re more upset with the service and that you didn’t get to use it.

Emma.

Userlevel 1

@Emma.S  yes i do believe the shark is a dupe of dyson but I have to believe their customer service is 10x better and that they stand but their product - Don’t get me wrong I love my Dyson and I am Very sad that it stopped working when I took care of it like it was my baby.  I am furious at the price I paid (an investment into something) and just stopped working 2-½ years later

@josetta16 I am so sorry.  I have unfortunately learned from posters on this community such as your self. 

I think I made a wise choice not accepting an exchange. 

I am having the same issue.  I purchased 26 months ago so just out warranty and it keeps shutting on and off when I move the cord.  It is clearly an electrical problem and they won’t do anything they told me  all I can do is buy another one at full price.  How is the only option?

Hi. 

As Dyson aren’t equipped to repair components outside of warranty, might I suggest exploring a third party service. A local electrician might replace the cable for you at cost. 

We have various stockists and unofficial repair centres in England, I’m sure demand has these elsewhere in the world. 

Kirby.