COMPLAINT - Dyson Supersonic flyaway - Poor Stock | Dyson Community

COMPLAINT - Dyson Supersonic flyaway - Poor Stock

• 1 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Is anyone else having issues in trying to order the flyaway attachment for the supersonic.

my wife has been been on the “Notify Me” for a best part of a year and has never received a notification as to when in stock or given the opportunity to even order.

i phoned up Dyson today to be told “yeah its out of stock, click on the notify me option to be advised” despite me already telling the agent that we have done that. 

But if we bought a new dyson supersonic then it would be in the pack, my wife has had supersonic for nearly 2 years and there is nothing wrong with it, so why would i order a new one.

Clearly, Sir James Dyson doesn’t care about ensuring there is sufficient stock for those people who bought the supersonic when it came out without the flyaway.  I suggest your purchasing department look to get this as there is clearly a need for this part on its own.  either that or remove the individual item from your UK website, or allow it to be ordered from the USA site which states it’s in stock!.

happy to hear from Sir James Dyson or a member of the complaints team, but don’t believe i ever will or get a resolution.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @elmoman76

Very frustrating and inconvenient, but sadly an issue that many business are struggling with in the existing climate. Even more so for those that have their manufacturing facilities overseas and deliver to a global market. 

Working for a prestigious washing machine manufacturer, I can certainly speak to how even a minor supply chain issue has grander ramifications, which takes months to recover. Where there are several in short succession, covid, reduction in workforce, closures and fluctuations in material cost/availability for example, I am surprised Dyson are even offering part purchase. Some business aren’t or went bankrupt as a result. 

Speaking from experience, the industry I work in have focused on maximising manufacturing, logistically and financially loss/gain. Sending complete washers and dryers globally over spare parts. I suspect to some degree you are also seeing this with Dyson.

This doesn’t really solve the problem you’ve had. It should go somewhat towards an explanation on big business priorities. I even believe Dyson have highlighted this on similar posts. 

I’d suggest checking their site regularly or even completing the notify me from multiple browses and use several emails. I suspect the notification service works on first come first serve and you won’t just have those that receive a notification purchasing. 

David. 

Our email service misidentified the stock notifications as Junk/Spam. 

It may be an idea to check the Junk/Spam folder on your wife’s email. If you locate it, mark it as non-Junk. Future notifications should then reach the inbox.