corrale straightener is terrible | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I am absolutely disgusted with the quality of  Dyson straighteners. I have only had mine 2.5 years and the battery has been slowly dying and now holds a charge for a whopping minute! I had a ‘chat’ with Dyson last week who told me my only option is to take it to a service center - the nearest of which is at least an hour from my house. They were also unable to tell me how long a battery replacement for a coral straightener would take or how much it would cost - this should be fairly well known at this point with the number of people that have this issue although it seems that not even Dyson can get it right as half the people say the battery can be replaced and half say that it can’t be. Which is it??? Having already spent a considerable amount of money to buy it in the first place, I am not prepared to waste any more money on this product. Dyson must be aware of the faults with their product as there are many forums where people are complaining about the quality, batteries dying and many more. It’s disgraceful that Dyson is happy to sell this straightener at the price they do, knowing full well they are likely to fail in one way or another. Given the number of complaints, I’m shocked they still sell this product. Your website claims ‘our products are built to last‘ which is obviously untrue . I would like to understand if Dyson thinks, for a product of this expense,  whether  a life expectancy of 2.5 years is reasonable, as I certainly don’t? At the very least, the battery should be easily replaceable by the customer and you should sell new rechargeable batters for the corral.

If anyone does have contact for complaints dept please let me know because Dyson chat is useless.

The exact thing has happened with my battery….and trying to get a solution is almost impossible! It shouldn’t be this difficult, especially for a so called premium brand!