counterfeit dyson product | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I am a 57 year old woman who has always bought and enjoyed the superior dyson hair care products. I bought my first dyson product in November of 2021, the Special edition Dyson Supersonic™️ hair dryer (Prussian blue/rich copper). I was so impressed i bought all 3 of my daughters the same product at a cost of well over £1200 for all 4 products. I then went on to purchase the dyson airwrap long, the dyson corrale straightener and just recently the Dyson Airstrait™️ straightener.

I have waist length straight hair which I wash and dry just once a week and using the dyson hairdryer means I can dry my hair with no damage in just 10 minutes. Last month I went to use th hairdryer ut tp my surprise nothing happened the machine was dead. My husband changed the fuse but it still would not work.

I contacted Dyson and because my 2 year warranty had expired my machine was not covered. I was told however that if I paid £100 pounds they would collect my machine and repair or replace it. I thought this was a very acceptable offer and gladly paid the money. My machine was promptly collected from my home.

I then 2 days later received an email from Dyson customer services stating that the product I had purchased was a counterfeit product. They said they were retaining the machine as it was counterfeit and would be recycled.My next course of action should be to contact my original seller and explain the circumstances for a full refund and they provided me with a statement to show to the original seller to verify that Dyson had found this to be a counterfeit machine.

I had a massive problem with this as I had purchased the  machine direct from Dyson. I phoned Dyson and explained my concerns that they had sold me a counterfeit machine. They said they were sorry and offered me a replacement hairdryer and my £100 back. The next day, the 21/09/2024 a new hairdryer arrived for which I was grateful, but on looking on their website it was so old and out of date it was no longer sold and I have still not received my £100 repair money back.

When I phoned to discuss this matter I was on the phone well over one hour with no satisfaction at all. They say that as they have supplied a replacement machine I should be satisfied. They would not listen to my concerns.

My main issue is that Dyson sold me a counterfeit product in the first place as they themselves verified.

Customer services were very rude,condescending, and unhelpful. I am no worried about all the other numerous machines I have purchased for both myself and my daughters, at a very great expense, how do I know that these are not counterfeit.

Hi @acornwell

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

There seems to have been some confusion here as needless to say, we do not sell counterfeits of our own genuine products.

We have a full-time global team working to protect shoppers from the risks posed by counterfeit products and fake websites. You can find some further information about this here:

I’ve reached out directly to take some further information. Please check your Dyson Community private message inbox and provide the details requested.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

I can assure you Jack I am not confused. I have the receipt of my purchase from Dyson direct. I also have all the email communications from Dyson regarding my repair. I can include the letter confirming I have bought a counterfeit product.

why will you not allow me to post the email dyson counterfeit team sent me. Every time I try it says waiting moderater approval and will not publish.