Customer Service - awful | Dyson Community
Question

Customer Service - awful

• 14 January 2024
  • 0 replies

I have a Dyson hair dryer that is about 3yrs old, yes out of warranty.  I use it once a week, have purchased additional attachments and a holder for it.  Now $600+ later I am out.  It began to shut off during use, the filters are cleaned often so it wasn’t that.  It finally stopped working.  On December 22nd I sat on hold for over one hour and 30min to finally reach a CS rep that was very scripted in his words….he advised me to send it back to their service center for repair.  He gave me a code to provide to UPS and they would package it up for me and send it back at no charge.  I took it to the UPS store in the original box and UPS said the code I had was invalid although they knew where to send it within Dyson for repair.  I paid to have it packaged since the code I had wasn’t valid.  I waited and never heard back, I again called the CS center and spend no lie almost 5hrs trying to find my dryer.  I could tell by the UPS tracking number it was received in the St Louis area and signed for although Dyson CS advised there was no record and started another case for me.  He also advised the number the agent provided me to give to UPS was no longer valid and an old code I should have never been provided.  Now I am almost 7hrs of my time into getting my hair dryer repaired.  He ensured me they would continue to look for it and make all of this right for me.  Again, although scripted CS agent.  About 10 days later I get a call from the repair center from a RUDE girl saying my hair dryer was not repairable and offered a laughable 10% discount for a new one.  At this point 10% doesn’t cover my cost to package it, my costs for the additional tools I have purchased and most of all the cost of my time for this rat race.  I asked for her to send it back to me, she said you want a hair dyer back that doesn't work and not repairable?  I said yes thinking maybe I could find some place that maybe refurbished them to fix it for me.  Needless to say she was very disgusted with me.  My hair dryer returned in a 4ft by 4ft box...NO LIE just tossed in, not packed at all.  Box almost crushed and tap coming off.  We were getting snow so the box proceeded to fill with snow and when I opened the box my dryer was soaked….so the idea of me trying to get it repaired elsewhere was gone give it was wet.  Yes  I took pictures….this brings me to today of another 3hrs on the phone getting no place.  I emailed all of my pictures to CS while on the phone and they admitted they could clearly see how awful it was packaged and wet.    Still to only be offered 10% for a new hair dryer, then 20% then 30% again not ok with me.  This hair dryer has been used no more than 1,000 times (I have owned it three years)  Three years for a $500 hair dryer to go bad?  I have a department store one I travel with that is about 10yrs old and it works fine!!!!

Dyson you should be ashamed, not only of this product, the time I have spent fighting for a repair and then only to have a damaged product sent back to me.  A global company doing consumers wrong!!!  Thanks for stealing my hard working money to help your profit margins.  Do better!!!

I purchased two air wraps for holiday gifts, can only imagine where that wasted money will end up over the new few years.  Shame on me for tossing money at this company.  

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.