dyson airwrap pre styling dryer attachment | Dyson Community
Solved

dyson airwrap pre styling dryer attachment

• 14 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, I currently have a dyson airwrap but not the pre styling dryer attachment, i’m wondering if the dryer attachment on the air wrap would work the same as a supersonic? And if not what are the differences between the two

I have straight short hair 

icon

Best answer by Jack 14 June 2024, 11:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @alanc,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

The original Pre-styling dryer is compatible with all Dyson Airwrap™ multi-stylers - so you could choose to purchase this for use with your machine if you want. It’s engineered to take your hair from wet to damp, ready for styling - you would then use your Airwrap™ barrels or Smoothing brushes to fully dry and style your hair.

The Pre-styling dryer provides similar functionality to the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer, but the Dyson Supersonic™ is more powerful, to take your hair from wet to fully dry in less time.

But you may not need the Pre-styling dryer if your machine already includes the updated Coanda smoothing dryer? This is a multi-functional attachment for both taking your hair from wet to damp ready for styling, and also a finishing tool to hide flyaways after styling. You can use the cool tip on the top of the attachment to rotate and change the direction of airflow:

If you already own the Coanda smoothing dryer, you’ll have the functionality that the Pre-styling dryer would provide - plus the additional option to hide flyaways.

Hope this helps, but let us know if you have any other questions the Dyson Community can help with!