Dyson Airwrap - US model doesn’t work in Europe (Kazakhstan) | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Airwrap - US model doesn’t work in Europe (Kazakhstan)

Hello! 

My name is Sanzhar and I am writing to you regarding Dyson airwrap styler. I hope that you will help with the problem. The thing is that I ordered the styler on the official site Dyson.com (USA), because in Kazakhstan there are a lot of fake stylers and once I bought the fake version of Dyson and to avoid that problem again I ordered from the official site. I received the styler and yesterday I unboxed it. It turned out that because of the voltage differences Dyson does not work in Kazakhstan. I contacted with Dyson live chat and they said that it is my fault that I ordered from Dyson (USA). I insisted on saying that they must have a warning that says that it is not compatible in other countries at the process of payment stage.  I searched for the same problems and found out that Revana Aliyeva had the same problem. I reached out to her and she suggested you, that you can definitely help. She is from Azerbaijan and in that country they do not have official distributor and she was able to exchange it in Turkey by your help and assistance. For your information, in Kazakhstan we have official distributor, could you please also help us? maybe they can exchange our styler in Kazakhstan.

icon

Best answer by Stuart 19 April 2023, 14:51

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @BurumbaySangzhar

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community - I’m sorry to hear about the problems you’ve encountered when trying to get support for this issue in Kazakhstan. 

Whilst you are correct in saying there was an instance where another owner highlighted the return and exchange of their machine through a local channels, this agreement was made by the respective market and was ultimately outside of our control. Refer to this post for more information - Dyson Airwrap - US model doesn’t work in Europe.

To find a resolution here, I suggest speaking directly with the market you wish for this exchange to take place in. Providing the same details as the pervious user (A condition their exchange was that they provided a valid proof of purchase, made directly through Dyson and that the market sold a local variant the machine). The local market team will be able to confirm if they are able to arrange this for you. 

If the local team cannot support you, you’ll need to contact the Dyson team in the US to discuss a refund. As we do not offer international shipping, they won’t be able to provide a shipping labels from an international addresses.

It’s worth noting, at current we do not recommend traveling overseas with the Dyson Airwrap or the Dyson Supersonic. These machines are intended for use only in the country where they’re sold. This is due to possible voltage differences, and adapters and converters aren’t recommended. Read more about this on our Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler/Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer - Can I use it abroad/overseas? article.

The best way to speak to one of our agents, is through the WhatsApp feature. Here you’ll be able to share the necessary documentation and discuss the possibilities of an exchange. I suggest visiting the www.dyson.com link, navigating to the country selector at the bottom of the page and selecting the country. Once here, select the ‘Support’ option in the top navigation bar and continue to the ‘Contact Us’ section. 

Thanks, 

Stuart.

Hello, @Stuart 

Thank you for your response. We contacted local markets, support via live chat and WhatsApp, but all of them said that they cannot help us and shift the responsibility to each other. Local stores said that they don’t responsible for products from USA. USA says that I want to return I have to ship it by my own, but I cannot afford that, because the price equal with styler’s price. So I want to use exchange policy in official local store. I see that all the previous issues had been solved with the help of that community and I hope that it is the purpose of it. So I’m writing to you as the powerful person in that community and in Dyson in general and I hope that you can help me to resolve that issue. Local stores and services can perform an exchange my device only with the agreement of the USA, so I want to ask you to convey the problem and help with its promotion on top level of management. 

I believe in power of that community and kindness of its members who cares:)

Best regards, Sanzhar

I believe in power of that community and kindness of its members who cares:)

Hi @BurumbaySangzhar

You’re right. We member do care. We help where we can. 

I can sympathise here. I for one do extensive research before making any purchase. I reading reviews, watching videos and monitoring sales, only making the sale when ready. 

Frankly I find the fault here is yours alone. I’ve look into international shipping by Dyson, it isn’t available. You can’t of therefore purchased direct, and instead paid another company to ship international. In that instance alone, the contract of sale is with them and NOT Dyson. Dyson have no legal standing to exchange or refund their product outside of their boarders.

My recommendation is to contact the company who sold it for international shipping, taking it up with them. At the very least, they have a duty to inform you regarding international use. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @BurumbaySangzhar

You’re right. We member do care. We help where we can. 

I can sympathise here. I for one do extensive research before making any purchase. I reading reviews, watching videos and monitoring sales, only making the sale when ready. 

Frankly I find the fault here is yours alone. I’ve look into international shipping by Dyson, it isn’t available. You can’t of therefore purchased direct, and instead paid another company to ship international. In that instance alone, the contract of sale is with them and NOT Dyson. Dyson have no legal standing to exchange or refund their product outside of their boarders.

My recommendation is to contact the company who sold it for international shipping, taking it up with them. At the very least, they have a duty to inform you regarding international use. 

@BurumbaySangzhar. I recommend read up on The Dyson warranty, specifically;

@R.Pageant  I ordered directly from Dyson.com and my purchase contract was directly with official Dyson online store. And I did a research, watched videos and read review about the product, but there was no information that there is some difference in voltage and problems may be occurred. I found it only when I’ve faced with that issue. If Dyson knows about the problem and this is not the edge case, the information should be visible during purchase. In case there is a warning or some information about that during purchase, this is my fault, that I ignored it, but if I can’t know about it on purchase or during it, I think it is company’s fault. So that I just want Dyson to help me with this issue, instead of saying that it is my problem. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@R.Pageant  I ordered directly from Dyson.com and my purchase contract was directly with official Dyson online store. And I did a research, watched videos and read review about the product, but there was no information that there is some difference in voltage and problems may be occurred. I found it only when I’ve faced with that issue. If Dyson knows about the problem and this is not the edge case, the information should be visible during purchase. In case there is a warning or some information about that during purchase, this is my fault, that I ignored it, but if I can’t know about it on purchase or during it, I think it is company’s fault. So that I just want Dyson to help me with this issue, instead of saying that it is my problem. 

Dyson do not ship internationally. When you place an order in the states they only let you enter an address here. They don’t offer overseas shipping.  

@Eagles What if I bought dyson online on the dyson. com (USA) and I was physically there and ordered to my address when I was in the USA myself. Then I flew back to my country and unboxed it and it turned out that it is not working in my country. What are the solutions? There is still no information about voltage differences. 

@Stuart please could you help me, because it is not being resolved. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Eagles What if I bought dyson online on the dyson. com (USA) and I was physically there and ordered to my address when I was in the USA myself. Then I flew back to my country and unboxed it and it turned out that it is not working in my country. What are the solutions? There is still no information about voltage differences. 

@Stuart please could you help me, because it is not being resolved. 

It won’t be resolved. @Stuart gave two options. Return to Dyson stateside, which you’ve refused or in your country.

Dyson in your country have said they can’t help, which is understandable. Dyson don’t have an international warranty. 

The argument that you weren’t told at purchase is ridiculous. They don’t tell you lots at purchase, that’s why they have a warranty. Common sense should play a part and blame for this shouldn’t be put squarely on their shoulders. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@BurumbaySangzhar. It’s important to know where you actually purchase it from, as this is who holds your contract of sale.

If it were direct, Dyson would process the refund.

If you brought it from another shop/store, they would process the refund. Dyson would only help under the terms of the warranty, which look to show it’s only valid in the country you brought it from. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @BurumbaySangzhar, Everyone,

As multiple opinion have been shared. It is important not to overlook that of the community manager. An authority, whom already provided clarification.  

They state, the decision to exchange in the previous occasion was outside of their control. The agreement was made by the respective market.

Reading (Dyson Airwrap - US model doesn’t work in Europe). I see the owner provided valid proof of purchase made direct with Dyson, otherwise they couldn’t receive assists. @BurumbaySangzhar. Sales contract are between the buyer and seller. It is therefore important to establish where the unit was purchased. In reflection of comments, a direct purchase doesn't sound credible. 

A final note. As Dyson offer no international shipping, a return would be made at your own cost. As you took receipt of the unit, this is your responsibility.

David.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @BurumbaySangzhar 

We’re sorry to hear that you feel this way. I can confirm that on our Dyson US website, we do explicitly mention what is/is not covered with your machine’s warranty.

What’s not covered: 

• Damage as a result of use not in accordance with the rating plate. Damage caused by not carrying out the recommended appliance maintenance.
  • Use of a Dyson machine for anything other than normal domestic household purposes in the country in which it was purchased.

Where is the Dyson warranty valid?

• The box in which the machine is sold will contain the valid warranty information for the the country in which it is sold

Additionally, pre-purchase, we are available via phone, live chat, email, WhatsApp, the Community here, as well as social media channels, to answer any pre-purchase questions that may arise. It does look like you were given incorrect information when you accessed our live chat, and we’ve passed this along to our internal leadership team for review. At this time, I can confirm in the US, we cannot exchange a machine purchased in another country, for one that would work here on the US, and many other markets where Dyson machines are available will hold that same policy.