Dyson Airwrap - US Model replacement to European (Aserbaijan) | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Airwrap - US Model replacement to European (Aserbaijan)

• 19 May 2024
  • 5 replies

I have purchased Dyson Airwrap from USA (online) one month ago. I am living in Azerbaijan and on my way back home I realized it is incompatible to operate due to differences in Electricity requirements.

I was unfortunate not to check it in advance. Customer Support team was unable to help with any relevant advices. I would suggest any recommendation or suggestion on the right procedure to change the Brand new US model into International one

Best Regards,

Aydan

icon

Best answer by Jack 20 May 2024, 17:15

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Aydan,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Dyson hair care appliances are intended for use in the country they’re sold in, and engineered to work effectively with the voltage of that country. You can find out more here:

It sounds like you have been correctly advised by our local Customer Care team - your Dyson guarantee is valid in the country of purchase, and covers failures due to manufacturing faults. This wouldn’t extend to relocating to another country, or using the machine on a voltage it wasn’t engineered to work with.

I’m sorry we’re not able to help further on this occasion.

Hi Jack, 

I perfectly understand your response,

I am not blaming Dyson on this occasion,

I am looking for support on replacing the model I've purchased with the relevant one,

There have been similar threads in the past and you have supported through local distributor network,

I would be extremely grateful if you could provide me with guidelines on that,

Otherwise, I am not going to be able to use the brand new Dyson Airwrap nor sell it to anybody in Azerbaijan,

Looking forwars to hearing back from you,

Best Regards,

Aydan

Dear Dyson team,

I would appreciate if you could recommend contacting any local/regional centers to proceed with the replacement.

Just to repeat, the similar cases have been resolved by you in the past,

Best Regards,

Fuad

@Jack 

Dear Jack,

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

I am happy to talk to you to find a suitable solution,

Best Regards,

Aydan

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Aydan,

Any decision around replacement would be taken by Dyson within your region. This is not a process we can influence or override.

You can find the contact details for Dyson Azerbaijan here - please continue your conversation with them directly as they’re best placed to support locally.

Alternatively if you purchased directly from Dyson in the US, you could discuss if there’s an option to return the machine to them (at your cost) for a refund. Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then follow the 'Registration and technical support' prompt to reach one of our Dyson Experts.

I’m sorry there’s nothing further we’re able to do for you via the Dyson Community in this instance.