Exchanged faulty airwrap - Different coloured attachments received | Dyson Community
Solved

Exchanged faulty airwrap - Different coloured attachments received

• 12 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I have received an exchange for my faulty Airwrap. While I appreciate the prompt service, I am unhappy with the attachments that came with the new device. Unlike my previous model, which had Prussian blue attachments, the new attachments are different (grey coloured) and, in my opinion, look cheap.

During my phone conversation with the representative, I was not informed that the new attachments would not be the same as my old ones. This discrepancy has left me quite disappointed.

I noticed that the Prussian blue attachments can be purchased online separately. However it is unfair for me to purchase attachments i already had with my old model. So why are dyson not allowing to exchange just the grey attachments for the original blue attachments, as listed on the website:

• https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/spare-details.970750-05.390023-01
  • https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/spare-details.971346-04.390023-01
  • https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/spare-details.969482-05.390023-01

If i had wanted the grey airwrap i would have originally purchased the cheaper grey model but i specifically wanted the attachments to match which is why i purchased the prussian blue model.

icon

Best answer by Jack 13 June 2024, 16:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @olivia_j,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

In the event of a machine needing to be replaced due to a breakdown, we can’t guarantee all additional accessories will necessarily match the exact colourway of the original. Our apologies if this wasn’t made clear to you at the point the exchange was booked, and for any disappointment caused.

I can reassure you all Dyson Airwrap™ accessories are made of the same resilient and durable materials, regardless of colourway. On the plus side, I am glad to hear your original machine was replaced promptly for you under the Dyson guarantee.

If you’d like to discuss this further, you would need to continue your conversation with the Dyson UK Customer Care team, as they’re best placed to support you with this query.

Resolved: 

I recently had the pleasure of interacting with Gazal G from Dyson's customer service team, and I must say, the experience was nothing short of exceptional. I was facing an issue with my faulty Airwrap and was unhappy with the replacement attachments that came with the new device. Unlike my previous model, which had Prussian blue attachments, the new ones were grey and did not meet my expectations.

During our conversation, Gazal was incredibly understanding and took my concerns seriously. They went above and beyond to resolve my issue, checking with the team and obtaining special approval to exchange the new attachments with ones that matched my original machine. Their prompt and effective communication made the entire process seamless and stress-free.

Thanks to Gazal’s dedicated assistance, I will now have a replacement that perfectly matches my initial purchase, restoring my faith in Dyson's commitment to customer satisfaction. This experience highlights the high standard of service Dyson provides, and I couldn't be more grateful for Gazal's exceptional support. Thank you, Gazal G, for turning a frustrating situation into a positive resolution!