HELP please - impossible customer service | Dyson Community
Solved

HELP please - impossible customer service

• 20 June 2024
  • 1 reply

My dyson supersonic hairdryer stopped working and I contacted Dyson who arranged for a repair at a cost of £100 which I paid via the online chat.  DPD courier collected my machine and I was update via email when it arrived at Dyson, Engineer fixed machine with a report advising that the filter was blocked and the machine was now fully working and on its way back to me.  

Parcel arrived and unfortunately it was not my hairdryer but an airwrap that was in the package.  I called customer service and was advised that my hairdryer was “lost” and they would need to escalate to complaint and I would receive a call back within 24-72 hours.  Nobody ever contacted me within the timescale.  I called again and was advised they would sent me a replacement but it had to be from the “refurbished” range.  My specific colour of hairdryer is not available on refurbished website and I dont like the colours that are available so asked if I could pay the difference to have a new model as that is in stock in the colour that Dyson have lost.  I was told this absolutely wasn't an option so I chose a colour from the refurbished section and was advised that I would receive email confirmation and this would be sent out as a replacement.  More days have passed and I have had no email or replacement.  Contacted customer service via chat and phone and they just keep saying it will be escalated and I need to wait for a call back but nobody calls back.

I am now down my super expensive hairdryer that I could probably have had repaired locally and would still have it plus the £100 I paid for the repair!  Dyson customer service just wont help…  Any advice what I can do - I could try contacting my bank and try to claim back repair charge but I am still down a hairdryer...

icon

Best answer by Jack 20 June 2024, 11:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @hazel266

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this - I’m sorry to hear about your experience so far.

I’ve reached out directly to request some further details. I’ll look forward to hearing from you.