Help - The new single barrels on the airwrap doesn't seem as powerful as dual barrels | Dyson Community
Solved

Help - The new single barrels on the airwrap doesn't seem as powerful as dual barrels

• 25 October 2022
  • 1 reply

I have been using the twin 20mm barrels on my air wrap , have just purchased the single barrel with two way air flow , this seems much less powerful?

Is this even possible ?

Much looser curls that drop out much faster .

Any comments anyone? 
thanks 

(Edited by moderator – Tags and Title amended) 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 25 October 2022, 17:29

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Elaine,

Thanks for posting a question. 

I believe I have some information that could help answer it, as well as some advice from one of our stylists!

The re-engineered single barrels include enhanced ‘Coanda airflow’ for increased styling control. We really wouldn't expect you to have any issues with performance compared to your previous barrels. 

To help make sure your style lasts, our team recommend starting with damp hair, and check you’re using the right diameter and length of barrel for your hair type. Hold the barrel in place until fully dry and use the cold shot to set curls. If your hair is naturally prone to retention issues, consider using appropriate styling products to support the style.

It's also worth checking the barrels attached correctly. Adjusting them with the cool tip on top of the barrel to change the direction fully each time. Also making sure the heat and airflow settings are the same as that you used with previous barrels.

I hope this helps.

Feel free to @me should you still need some help.

Thanks,

Stuart