Lost in shipping-replacement air wrap | Dyson Community
Question

Lost in shipping-replacement air wrap

• 16 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I’m experiencing a very frustrating situation. I purchased Dyson airwrap a year ago. Although I rarely used it, it had mechanical issues. After several trouble shootings, Dyson support asked me to return it and they informed me they would send a replacement. When Dyson sent me a replacement, Dyson had never sent me an email notification of replacement shipping. Also, Dyson had never provided me with a tracking number of this replacement. This resulted in a lost replacement. As advised, I filed a claim at UPS. Now, UPS updated the claim status as “closed” saying UPS couldn’t contact me. However, I’ve never received any calls or emails from UPS. I contacted Dyson multiple times over a couple of weeks after the replacement was lost. Dyson kept saying they were escalating an issue, asked me to wait for 72 hrs and called them back. Whenever I followed up, it turned out Dyson didn’t take any actions after escalation. When I tried to contact UPS, the automatic response was turned on and call was disconnected. There was no way I could speak with UPS customer service for the claim and asked UPS why they closed a claim without even contacting me. It was one of worst experience after purchasing any product. I’ve never experience this horrible customer support at both Dyson and UPS. Please let me know how to resolve this issue. My advice to community is to find a better way to spend your $600 on something else useful. Thank you in advance. 

3 replies

Hi @sookm2  Welcome to the Ask the Community page. I am so sorry to hear of these troubles. It is not something I expect but am happy to help. Please email askdysonUS@dyson.com in the Subject Line please include:  "Dyson.Com Review" and we will be happy to reach out to assist further.

Hi Brandir,

Thank you for your reply. I highly doubt Dyson support can be any help based on my experience with this incident. However, I sent an email as suggested. Will see. I’d be delighted to be surprised if it can be resolved by them. Thanks.

Hi, I contacted askdysonUS@dyson.com. It turns out Dyson shipping the replacement to the wrong address by their mistake. But Dyson doesn’t take responsibility for this lost item. Instead Dyson is asking if I moved recently… When I called a call center to request my replacement by phone, Dyson took the wrong house number and shipped it to the wrong address. The replacement got lost. Dyson didn’t send me any email notifications including shipping address or the tracking number when the replacement was shipped. So, I couldn’t know this mistake by Dyson. Now Dyson is saying they shipped it to the wrong address 4weeks after the replacement was lost. They don’t even apologize and send me another replacement promptly. But they are asking if I moved recently. I’m speechless. Of course I didn’t move. It looks like they don’t take responsibility. Does anyone know how to get another replacement when the replacement got lost by obvious Dyson’s mistake?