My airwrap broken after 3 years. | Dyson Community
Solved

My airwrap broken after 3 years.

• 10 April 2024
  • 3 replies

My Airwrap broke after 3 years, and it is not repairable. The solution given to me was a 25% discount to buy a new one. I would like to report my immense dissatisfaction. Considering the significant investment I made when purchasing the product, it is disappointing to find that its lifespan is so limited, especially since I have always used the product with extreme care. I firmly believe that a product of such value should offer durability consistent with its quality and price.

icon

Best answer by Jack 11 April 2024, 17:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Gloria Nogueira,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We invest countless hours and many millions each year in testing our technology - in our labs, and in real home environments. This continues during development and throughout production, to ensure our machines are tough enough:

Although we can’t put a specific lifespan on any component, we would expect our machines to last, as long as they’re used and maintained according to the User guide. Outside of the 2-year guarantee, replacement parts would be chargeable.

I can only apologise if you’re disappointed with your experience, but I understand you’ve been offered 25% discount off a new machine as a gesture of goodwill. It would be up to you whether or not to order again, but if you’d like to discuss this further you would need to speak to the Dyson Customer Care team in your region. Here at the Dyson Community, we can’t intervene in individual cases.

Hi, Jack

Thank you for your prompt response. While I appreciate the dedication invested in testing your technology, I must express my disappointment regarding the performance of the machine.

As a loyal consumer, I have purchased not one, but two Airwrap dryers for my international travels (one in Europe NL and another in the USA, with different voltages), as well as an additional product, the Cordale hair straightener purchased less than 2 years ago, which also developed a fault despite minimal usage. Fortunately, the item was still within the warranty period, and I received a replacement. However, this situation does not absolve the brand of responsibility for the quality and durability of its products.

I have consistently recommended Dyson products to friends and family, resulting in the purchase of at least three Airwrap dryers through my referrals.

What surprised me the most wasn't that it stopped functioning - that can happen - but rather the lack of repair options for such an expensive item and in such a short time. I wouldn't mind paying for the repair, but the fact that I'm essentially paying for a repair 75% of the cost of a new one (with a 25% discount offered), which in my opinion is excessive.

Anyway, as I really like the Airwrap, I've already bought another one and hope not to encounter the same issue. Mine was from the first generation, so I hope this current version has been improved.

Kind Regards,

Gloria

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Gloria Nogueira,

Thank you for taking the time to share further thoughts on this - I will make sure this feedback is passed along for you to the right teams here at Dyson.