Terrible customer service and over three months with no resolution - Help | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Terrible customer service and over three months with no resolution - Help

• 10 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi, How do I reach someone within Dyson service who can actually help?   I received a Dyson Airwrap for Christmas that began shorting out after 7 weeks of use.  I have been dealing with customer service for over three months - every excuse and ridiculous answer under the sun.   I have been told I would need to drive over two hours to a repair shop, when I replied saying that was not acceptable - the airwrap was purchased directly from Dyson, no store return option, I asked for a manager as was told one would caIl me back by then end of business day - surprise no call.   I’ve been told the model was out of stock and I would be contacted when available and one would be sent ot me - surprise no call in over FOUR WEEKS!!   With my latest call two weeks ago, I was given a runaround and finally told to mail mine back and should recieve a replacement within a month.   I was so frustrated that I asked to speak with a manager.  I do not want to receive a refurbished item and would like a manger’s confirmation prior to going forward as I have received so many run arounds and “shady” replies.   I was put on hold, told they weren’t available, the CS agent started to process the return label for service.  I told him no - I wished to speak with his manager and receive assurance/confirmation this is the correct process.  Again put on hold, told manager not avaiilable and used sneaky wording to again start a service return. I again declined and asked for a manger, again put on hold and then told i would receive a call within an hour but let’s start the service return.  This is all such a game and I was forcefully clear that a service was not to be scheduled and I’d be availble for the manager’s call.   He tried again to begin the process - I declined - he ended the call and guess what - two weeks later I still have no return call.   Vent/rant/ask for next steps over 🙂.    Thanks in advance.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @TMPM495,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

I’ve reached out directly to take some further information.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

Only three months? Consider yourself lucky. We have records going back to October of last year asking Dyson for a simple filter replacement under warranty. When we call it, they pretend not to have any record of interactions, or give some other excuses to cover for their utter failure and incompetence.