terrible return and customer service | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

terrible return and customer service

• 6 June 2024
  • 7 replies

I foolishly purchased an airwrap on Dyson.com. It didn’t live up to my expectations so I returned it. Three weeks after shipping it back to Dyson, my refund still hasn’t been processed. I’ve called customer service several times and chatted with agents online. It has been completely unhelpful. I don’t recommend buying any product from dyson.com due to the risky return policy. I might need to call my credit card company in order to file a dispute at this point. If an employee from Dyson reads this, can you please help?

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Ponyloaf,

Thanks for letting us know about this, and apologies for the experience you’ve had so far. 

I’ve received your message, and will be in touch shortly.

We purchased the wrong battery for our vacuum and have been trying to return it for over a month, followed the return directions, waited for contact, there was none, moved on to calling customer support , multiple times, always told we would receive an email with return authorization so the incorrect battery could be returned, have yet to get the return label.  They were more than happy to sell me the correct part and charge my account immediately but not so accommodating about getting the return issue squared away.   From here on out I will probably buy the knock off from Amazon, at least they process returns in a customer friendly manner.

I have communicating with Dyson, chasing would be a better description for five months now, the airwrap stopped working, after several calls, I ended up going on to the chat and after that, I was informed I must return the machine and they will replace it.  I heard nothing.  It was returned and tracked so they received it, again I chased them only to have confirmation they received it the month before and would get the replacement sent out within 48 hours, another month passes, nothing, I reach out again and get told the exact same thing, another month passes, I get the person to send me an email this time to confirm it was being resolved.  I hear nothing after that, one month later I reach out again, I start writing every one I can possibly find and finally get an answer from an executive problem solver, who tells me it is a counterfeit machine and they will not be sending it back based on their terms and conditions, that of course, I only found out about at this time, that they would be destroying the machine and not returning it, but that’s what the terms and conditions say, however telling me after I send it back is not legal.  This machine was purchased through Shoppers Drug Mart which is a Loblaws brand company.  So now what, I get to file a complaint with BBB and hope for resolution that way, if that doesn’t work I guess it may be a court action in SCC.  Ridiculous service, and dishonest behaviour from a company that should be exceptional at these things!!  I have had four vacuums and this airwrap and a straightener from Dyson, I will never buy another thing EVER

I purchased a new Dyson hot cool air purifier last Thursday. It arrived and I set it up and it gave us a sensor error soon as I installed it and I called customer support and they basically told me I had to return this brand new item for a new one and so they gave me the UPS tracking number and I boxed it up in the original box and UPS picked it up at my home and they would not send me a new one out, of course until they receive mine, which is terrible to begin with so I’m waiting and I called two or three days later and was told that their warehouse denied the shipment and they don’t know why and so now my return is sitting somewhere with UPS under investigation And I have no machine and I have no money and the customer service is absolutely terrible. They treat your customer is absolutely terrible and basically just read me a response. I am so tired of this. I will never buy another Dyson product. I plan to make sure all my social media followers hear about this experience as well

I don’t know how a company can be so well known and treat customers so poorly 

My 3 month old Dyson air wrap keeps overheating, I have to wait a week for them to send a courier to pick it up, typical when I have this week off. Problem is I work all day so won’t be at home , I explained I have no family members locally that can help, asked if there was a drop off point and was told it’s not available, and now reading these comments I’m concerned how long it’s going to take to be repaired and returned . Dyson products are not cheap and their customer service used to be excellent- so disappointed as I’m concerned leaving it on the doorstep for the courier is not going to be ideal:(

Still no product or refund this is absolutely the worst company