Treatment of professionals has tarnished my impression of the brand. | Dyson Community

Treatment of professionals has tarnished my impression of the brand.

• 27 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I am the owner of a hair salon in my city and we all use Dyson Supersonic Professional hair dryers. Our clients expect an elevated and high end experience and we have been very proud to represent Dyson as our tool of choice. Recently I returned my hair dryer for a simple warranty claim. My agent was polite and told me it would only be 7 - 14 days before I had my new dryer. Fast forward to now, I have spoken to three more agents trying to confirm updates on my order and have only just now been informed the Supersonic Pro is out of stock. Had i known this before, I would have simply purchased a new Supersonic at my local beauty supply to use in the meantime. Now, it has almost been a month and I have been losing valuable time behind the chair using a cheap, off brand dryer. 

All agents have refused to escalate my issue to case managers and I am now having to take my issue public. Poor treatment of any of your customers is unacceptable, but especially when we are relying on your product to make an income.

I want to be a continued Dyson customer and purchase new tools for my salon team for the foreseeable future. However, due to this experience my impression of the brand has been tarnished. If I am unable to reach a resolution with Dyson, I will be purchasing Gama IQ hair dryers moving forward. 

1 reply

Hi, I’m having the exact same problem!! and it’s extremely frustrating.

I really wish I wasn’t so dependent on this dryer but it’s really affecting the quality of my work and I’m frustrated that it’s not even a year old and is useless.  
downright awful customer service experience, which in the past has been so great and I’ve raved about to so many people!

they really should support their professional advocates much better than this, or at least be transparent. I have a theory that there’s a manufacturing issue with the newer filter model and they’re scrambling to resolve it before they re stock it.