Upselling, the Lost Dyson, broken promises and no way to complain... | Dyson Community
Solved

Upselling, the Lost Dyson, broken promises and no way to complain...

• 10 June 2024
  • 4 replies

My tale of woe seems a far too familiar story on here.  Poor customer service is now the standard Dyson seem to deliver.  What's worse, (and quite sad) is that someone at Dyson seems to have made it impossible to complain. 

My tale starts when my wifes trusty hair straighteners stopped holding a charge.  They are 4 years old, so I thought it was a fair ask of Dyson to ask £200 to repair them.  Once they arrived at Dyson HQ they discovered that they were unrepairable…..  And that the only solution was to buy a new set for another £100.  OK, so it is obvisuly upselling, but again I thought a new set for £300 seemed okish.  

Dyson then posted a new set to my address in London.  However, they never arrived.  Parcel Force say we were not in, (we were) and so took them back to depot a few times.  After a few failed deliveries I asked Parcel Force to take them to our local Post Office, which is where the Tracking System says they are.  However, they are not there.  Bit odd, so last week I spoke to a customer Service agent online and agreed he would track them and call me back within 72 hours.  That was a week ago and yet no phone call…..

This time I rang Dyson and (eventually) spoke to Ruth, (I am 10% sure that is not her name).  She struggled with understanding the issue, even though I explained it and gave her the reference number of my conversation last week.  She didnt have any update or explanation as to where my upsold set of hair straighteners was.  She has promised to call me back today, we shall see.

I then decided to lodge a complaint, only I cant find a way to do that.  I think the system wants me to call the 0800 number to lodge a complaint but it seems a bit counter intuitive to lodge a complaint about customer service with customer service…..  I even emailed the old askdyson email address, (yes I have been a customer that long).  That just kicks back a message saying it is no longed in use.

What happend at Dyson?  It does seem that all the cost cutting has seriously reduced your ability to deliver real customer service.  And looking at this forum, I am not the only one thinking this.

Jack, noting your message on the board a few days ago, are you able to help me find my lost Dyson?  As the CS team don't seem to care….

[Moderation edit - title updated]

icon

Best answer by Jack 10 June 2024, 12:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @findtom,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this. I’m sorry to hear your experience hasn’t lived up to expectations. 

I’ve reached out directly to take some further details, and I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you Jack, just noticed the typo on the heading.  Would you mind changing it?

Message replied to.

Tom

Thanks again Jack, (for the edit and the email).  

Quick update, Ruth (!) has just rung me back.  She wanted to check that I had attempted to collect the package as it is also showing on her system as being at the Post Office.  I confirmed the address and that both my wife and I had visited twice to collect it and had been told, (twice) it was not there…

Thanks again,

Tom

I just wanted to leave a closing bit of feedback.

Jack very kindly sent my details onto a rep within Dyson UK.  They immediately ordered a new machine that arrived yesterday.  To be fair that is exceptional customer service, but why did I need to address it via this forum and not a dedicated process?

In short, if you have an issue, use this forum as the team are both responsive and able to help.

Again, thank you to Jack and the team in the UK.

Tom