What repair options does Dyson offer for out of warranty Airwrap unit ? | Dyson Community
Solved

What repair options does Dyson offer for out of warranty Airwrap unit ?

• 12 April 2024
  • 1 reply

I purchased my air wrap in 2020, loved it, raved about to my friends and even talked them into buying it. Suddenly this thing stopped working. 

1. Sought chat support - horrible, I was offered to send unit to Ontario (I am in AB Canada mind you) at my own expense. She kept repeating I buy a new one
  2. Called - a guy promised to look into my case and see what he can do (april 1st). He told me Canada actually has no repair centre. Really? Is this true dyson? Then buddyy said he will call me back april 5th. never got that call so I called Customer service april 12th
  3. so i was told basically, tough luck only option is to buy a new one and they will sell me a new unit at 20% (apparently their best offer). I dont need that, i can get it at 20% off with my sephora acct. 
  4. then I asked, what is the benchmark usage for this airwrap so I can do the math based on how much cost im putting on for the life its expected to last. The lady didnt have this info (she was very nice btw). She said based on what sue has seen they last 4-8yrs. So there you go, i just spent $200 every year for a hair dryer brand that i believed in

so Dyson Canada - what is you offering for buyers who are now outside warrany when repair is not an option (unless your customer service sucks and don’t know how to do their research of their own company) other than making us spend another $800 after 4years?

i work in a place where we sell motors (big kinds) and I am blown that your customwr service dont know or you Dyson do not have an established life benchmark for your products? I do love my air wrap and my cordless V8 (now knowing how horrible your service is, I now know what to do with it if this one breaks) but I definitely will no longer buy your products because of you after sales support

icon

Best answer by Jack 15 April 2024, 16:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Pursesandshoes,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We invest countless hours and many millions each year in testing our technology - in our labs, and in real home environments. This continues during development and throughout production, to ensure our machines are tough enough:

We can’t provide a specific lifespan on any component, as this would depend on how each individual machine is used and maintained. But we would expect our machines to last, as long as they’re used and maintained according to the User guide. Outside of the 2-year warranty, replacement parts would be chargeable.

I can only apologise if you’re disappointed with your experience, but I understand you’ve been offered 20% discount off a new machine as a gesture of goodwill. It would be up to you whether or not to order again, but if you’d like to discuss this further you would need to speak to the Dyson Customer Care team in your region. Here at the Dyson Community, we can’t intervene in individual cases.