Why can't the battery in a Corrale be replaced? | Dyson Community
Question

Why can't the battery in a Corrale be replaced?

• 12 June 2024
  • 2 replies

• Rookie Member
  • 1 reply

The battery in my Corrale hair straightener is failing to hold its charge. I went to Dyson in John Lewis to buy the new AirStraightener (out of stock) and was told Dyson would repair my Corrale for £99. I went home and ordered the AirStraightener directly from Dyson, along with a new hair dryer and new Corrale straightener so they all match (why oh why, Dyson, can’t you keep a plain white option?). I called Dyson the next day to discuss a repair for my old Corrale and was told that the battery can’t be replaced, but they could discount a new model. Unfortunately, I had already paid for everything so a discount wasn't going to help. It seems really odd to me that such an expensive item cannot have a battery replaced (even iPhones can have new batteries). Why is this? If Dyson thinks it's okay to just throw these items away after a couple of years use, maybe the pricing needs to reflect this, instead of being over-the-top premium. 

P.S. The new Corrale stand is really flimsy. 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @JMR,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here.

Dyson machines and components (including battery packs) are made of high-grade, recyclable materials. At the end of their lifespan, you can dispose of them responsibly at your convenience at household recycling centres that accept WEEE waste.

Outside of the EU, there are similar schemes in place - these can vary from country to country.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply, Jack, but it doesn’t answer my question: why has Dyson has made an expensive product where the battery can fail just outside of guarantee making it useless, yet the battery cannot be replaced? It it is so recyclable, why not make it repairable? Also, I believe Dyson has in the past sold refurbished Corrales, so they must be repairable?