$1200 unit for this kind of treatment is insane. | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

It’s funny, when I started looking at Dyson I saw nothing but good reviews on everything. Now, all I’m seeing are the horror stories that I seem to be going through. 

We bought the $1200 unit, Gen5Outsize because of the square footage it was going to be covering. In 3 months the control wheel on one side broke off that helps keep it on track. I called Dyson as it was still under warranty and they said thy would send a replacement but the replacement was out of stock. They told me to call back in a couple weeks to go over all of this again and then it will be sent. Excuse me? I have to call back and redo all of this? Why? That is asinine. Within the next two months the other wheel broke off essentially making my unit unusable because now it’s just sliding all over the place on the hardwood and wont even move on the carpet. SO I called Dyson back and they again said they would replace the head but IT’S STILL OUT OF STOCK! So instead I can send the unit back and they will replace it. BUT FIRST, I have to send my vacuum back, wait for it to be received, and then allow ATLEAST 15 days for the new one to be sent.  THAT IS 3-4 WEEKS WITHOUT A VACUUM! I told them that is crazy and completely unacceptable so they compensated us with a cleaning accessories kit, $60 value. I was less than pleased. 

I sent the unit back, almost 2 weeks later got an email saying my new unit has been sent and I can track by clicking on the link. Surprise, the link doesn't work. I called Dyson to get my tracking number and after going through an annoying process of questions was told my unit has not been sent and that I “need to be patient and just wait. “ Um, I'm sorry, what? No. I got an email saying it was sent so what do you mean? They said I needed to send proof of the email. Um, okay. So I did. They told me the email was sent by mistake and that my unit was not on the way and they couldn't tell me where it was and again, I need to wait. I’m getting annoyed at this point and said I wanted to talk to a manager. That request was blatantly ignored. Instead he asked me if he helped e with everything i needed today and I said no, I wanted to speak to someone that can help me. I spent $1200 on a god dam unit that broke in less than 6 months and the warranty process has been a joke from the start. He said he couldn't because everyone on his team would do what he is doing now. After back and fourth of this same conversation probably about 5 times I finally said I was done and that I wanted to cancel the exchange and wanted a full refund of my money because this was bullshit and I wanted a link to leave a review, actual silence and then just ignored the request again. He asked if we were still connected and if there was anything else he could help me with? I asked him if this was a joke and told him yes, I wanted what I just asked for. He said because the exchange had already been done he couldn't issue a refund. I said the exchange hasn't been done because I don't have anything! He then changed his mind and said well because the date is beyond 30days we can no longer issue a refund. THATS FUNNY CONSIDERING IT TAKES 3-4 WEEKS TO PROCESS A REPLACMENT! 

IF I ever get my machine back, because from a lot of review’s it seems people have been waiting MONTHS, I will be surprised. This has been an insane process and I fully expect better when I'm spending $1200 on a machine! NEVER AGAIN, ABSOUTLEY NOT, I WILL NEVER SPEND MY MONEY HERE AGAIN! 

Our $1000 outsize is 3+ years old.  Now when you pull the trigger the display comes on but not the motor.  I was chatting with support and repeatedly pulling the trigger.  All of a sudden the motor engaged.  I shouldn’t have told support that, but because I told him it randomly started working he refused to help me any further.  A $1000 vacuum should last a lot longer than 3 years.  And the outcome of my latest support issue is absolutely unacceptable.  Being without a vacuum for weeks is absolutely unacceptable (on top of incomprehensibly frustring).  If Dyson support cared at all you’d have a vacuum by now.  Complaining to Dyson seems of little use.  There’s an awful lot of bad opinions just on the coummunity, and I’ve seen precious little in terms of Dyson reaching out to resolve the conflicts.  What’s the answer?  I guess hitting every review site and leaving a bad review so it hurts their sales?