Annoyed new V15 owner | Dyson Community

Annoyed new V15 owner

• 12 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I purchased this unit directly from Dyson a few months back and after working away, I have just returned home and started using it. What a nightmare! The laser head stopped working after a quick hard floor vacuum (it s quick because the only way I could get the machine to collect particles was to run it on boost - the battery died after 20 mins).

The anti tangle carpet brush does not rotate so I have tennis elbow from pushing it along my low pile carpet.

Then I attempted to disconnect the wand from the barrel to empty it.... Either I am losing my mind or something is very wrong with the detaching system. I had to lay the thing down and use both hands to lever it off.

I have it another go the next day and was equally annoyed with my $1000 purchase. It just does not pick up minor particles without being on boost which means I can only vacuum one room at a time between charges. Even then the smallest piece of paper on a carpet takes three passes to pick it up on full power. That's crazy!!!

I live in a child free home with low maintenance wood floors and very low pile carpet. It SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD to get a $1000 machine to work, right???

I have gone back to using my $90 one from Kmart that out-performs this Dyson hands down.

I have gone through the trouble shooting guides time and time again. Watched YouTube videos and tried to clean the filter. Nothing makes this experience enjoyable AT ALL. I have used mains powered Dyson's all my life but after this, I am calling it quits. You definately do not get what you pay for with Dyson anymore.

I am located in Perth, Western Australia.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Hi @Nesspack I am very sorry to hear that your V15 is not performing as it should. We would value the chance to work with you to a resolution. Please reach out to support direct from Dyson.com in your region.