Bad Ordering Experience - January 2023 | Dyson Community

Bad Ordering Experience - January 2023

• 10 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Yesterday I ordered the V15 DETECT ABSOLUTE vacuum. I was impressed with the next-day delivery, which was important as we needed to replace our old Dyson for a house cleaning. I decided to buy direct from Dyson as I felt it would probably be more trustworthy, even though Amazon had cheaper options.

This morning I got an SMS telling me the delivery was going to be made, and a Dyson package arrived at my door. The only problem was that it contained Hair Straighteners.

I called the support line and was asked why this had happened, and told that the delivery company may have given me the wrong parcel. I said that my name and address were on the box.

I was then told to open the hair straighteners and get the serial number which felt very strange to me. The straighteners were new and boxed, and I was asked to pull everything out and hunt for a serial number. I was then told that this needed to be processed as a return and exchange. This didn't feel right either. Whilst I was on hold, I got an email to tell me that my V15 DETECT ABSOLUTE vacuum had now been registered, and I had activated my guarantee; I had not done this. I was told that this needed to happen to process the return, which once again didn't feel right.

Finally, I was told that as this was an exchange, the earliest the exchange could happen was Friday. So from a one-day delivery to 4-day delivery. I was asked if I wanted to go ahead with this, which was baffling as I hadn't been given any other options. 

The guy on the phone seemed to act as if the whole thing was my fault.

Not very happy.

(Edited by Moderator - Tags Added)

Stuart 1 year ago

Hi @WillowOne

Thanks for letting us know about your recent experience.

The situation you've highlighted here is extremely unique, and I completely understand your frustration.

As I can see some time has passed since you posted this topic, if you still need help, our local Contact Centre teams are best placed to support you with queries relating to order status, payment, or delivery. They have access to your order history and payment details - they can investigate on your behalf and escalate internally if needed. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can help you with.

I'd encourage you to contact the Dyson Helpline, speaking with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section on our Guides and manuals link.

Thanks,

Stuart

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @WillowOne

Thanks for letting us know about your recent experience.

The situation you've highlighted here is extremely unique, and I completely understand your frustration.

As I can see some time has passed since you posted this topic, if you still need help, our local Contact Centre teams are best placed to support you with queries relating to order status, payment, or delivery. They have access to your order history and payment details - they can investigate on your behalf and escalate internally if needed. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can help you with.

I'd encourage you to contact the Dyson Helpline, speaking with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section on our Guides and manuals link.

Thanks,

Stuart