Best for homes with pets | Dyson Community
Solved

Best for homes with pets

• 5 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi, I need advice on which Dyson model I should get that will work best on hardwood floors and carpets that will efficiently pick up pet hair and dust. I had a Dyson V8 many years ago that I loved, but it slowly died and wouldn’t even charge. I know that newer models have come out since then and I would like to know if they are superior to the V8, in terms of performance and picking up pet hair. I have read about all the other models and read the reviews and I am more confused about which model would be best. 

icon

Best answer by Jack 5 March 2024, 18:01

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @DRLee,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for your question!

Our engineers and scientists put a vast amount of research into understanding the unique challenge of pet hair, and how to effectively remove it from the home. You can get a glimpse of some of this work here - 

The Dyson V8™ vacuum is actually still part of our current range - a testament to its design, durability and performance! But Dyson cordless vacuums developed since V8 was first launched offer additional power, longer runtimes and new features, all of which are useful in removing pet hair, and trapping allergens safely inside the vacuum. 

You might like to try our Help Me Choose feature to narrow down the range:

But if you do have any questions about specific models you’re interested in, we’d be happy to help further!

Jack, I see you don’t receive any responses from a post, from “the community.” 
I’ve decided to go with the V12 Slim Detect. It’s on sale, but out of stock and should get more in 10-15 days. If I wait, will it still be on sale? Can I still get the discount if I wait? I don’t feel comfortable buying up front and putting my trust into it being shipped out when restocked.

Another question, are the attachments from a V8 interchangeable with the V12?? 
Thanks Again